Advice for the weekend

Colin Payne

Myself,a mate and his son were supposed to be going to Broadlands near Southampton on Saturday for a bit of lazing in front of our buzzers but have found out the main lake is closed for a charity match. Now we are going to be based at his sons flat in Poole and he will be coming from his girlfriends in New Milton. We are not expert carpers by any stretch of the imagination but have caught up to 17lb before (me at Twynersh, Chertsey last weekend, my PB) and would prefer to stick two boilie rods out and wait or maybe do a bit of floating if bored later. Any suggestions at all?

And sorry I've not posted much, I just haven't had the chance to do much fishing for some time!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Myself,a mate and his son were supposed to be going to Broadlands near Southampton on Saturday for a bit of lazing in front of our buzzers but have found out the main lake is closed for a charity match. Now we are going to be based at his sons flat in Poole and he will be coming from his girlfriends in New Milton. We are not expert carpers by any stretch of the imagination but have caught up to 17lb before (me at Twynersh, Chertsey last weekend, my PB) and would prefer to stick two boilie rods out and wait or maybe do a bit of floating if bored later. Any suggestions at all?

And sorry I've not posted much, I just haven't had the chance to do much fishing for some time!

I would try either Hordle lakes in Hordle near New Milton, lots of lakes with mainly small carp but I think there is a specimen lake.

There is also Beeches Brook fishery in Burley, I really like that place. I've had carp to almost 20 there in the past. It is a small intimate venue with some bits more like a river than a lake! Last time I went I only caught small carp but there were some quality roach and crucians. I may well be there on Saturday after the roach and crucians.

P.s. Check the rules before you go there are some strange ones, I think boilies are banned at both venues!

Rich

I would try either Hordle lakes in Hordle near New Milton, lots of lakes with mainly small carp but I think there is a specimen lake.

There is also Beeches Brook fishery in Burley, I really like that place. I've had carp to almost 20 there in the past. It is a small intimate venue with some bits more like a river than a lake! Last time I went I only caught small carp but there were some quality roach and crucians. I may well be there on Saturday after the roach and crucians.

P.s. Check the rules before you go there are some strange ones, I think boilies are banned at both venues!

Rich

Beeches Brook is no boilie but Hordle website says in moderation which suits my usual method of fishing, ie 1 boilie + a PVA bag of pellets.

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Or you could try 'Hatchetts Pond' a lake next to Beulli it has a few large fish in it. I remember reading an article in the 'coarse Fisherman' magazine about catching Carp and large Bream in there once.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Orchard Lakes near Bashley is quite nice only ever fished it once and had plenty Carp off the top.

their address is New Lane Orchard, New Lane, Orchard Lakes, Bashley. tel:01425 612404

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Despite living only a mile away I've never been to Hordle Lakes, (just not my scene), I used to take nipper to Orchard and it was fairly easy, but pleasant enough all the same. (access to New Lane is now only from the Southern end of the road where it joins Bashley Cross Road).

The most obvious choice for some more serious carping would be Somerley Lake but if it's just for a bit of fun probably Beeches Brook or Orchard

On the advice of Wareham Tackle we ended up at Todber Manor up near Shaftesbury and be honest it wasn't great. We fished Wadmill lake and even though it was mooted as the runs lake between the 3 of us my mates got a carp each at about 5lb and I weighed a Bream to 5 which I caught on my float rod having got bored looking at my bite alarms. It was the same around what we could see of the lake, although it looked to be getting a bit better at dusk. We stuck it out until about 8.30 but lack of proper night equipment/shelter meant we had to go. Was a nice day out away from the rat race and beer was consumed when we got back to Poole ;)