Fox getting in on the Centrepin market

lutra

i herd a rumour today on another forum ,for those who appreciate nice reels .

Hi all - I come bearing gifts, well good news really, for all centrepin fans

Over 10yrs since he stopped commercially making reels, Richard Carter has agreed to start producing them again on a fairly limited scale. At the moment the only models that will be available are 'The Dragonfly' and its smaller cousin 'The Mayfly'. Chris Yates played a part in their design, although his suggestion to have them play 'ava-maria' when spun was dropped at the protype stage!

Mr Yates can be seen using a Dragonfly in 'Catching the Impossible' for anyone who is interested.

The reels themselves are a solid spooled bearing reel, treated with an ageing agent that will appeal to any tradtionalists out there, and finished with brass fittings.

It is still very early days in terms of price, availability etc but i will keep you informed as more details are decided.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used a 501 for trotting for many years until i got a centre pin. The only time i would think of using a closed faced reel for trotting now is if i needed to cast a long way. Varying amounts of friction/drag/holding back (whatever you what to call it) are desirable for me and a centre pin gives much better control of that in my view.

100%.Any float that requires slowing down its a pin any float that slows itself down a 501. Not for show or for nostalgic reasons just that its more efficient and easier!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I will stick to my AN pin with it's 2 spools for different lines. Gave it an airing on the canal last week just having a social fish in with Dave. Looking forward to trying to find some big perch on the canal to give a good 'run'. Plus my AN pin is unique as there is not another the same in the world! :);)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

i herd a rumour today on another forum ,for those who appreciate nice reels .

Now that is interesting but as I am now 2 years down the line with my Chris Lythe order and am having to wait until christmas at the earliest, I don't think that I could stand another long wait. Have you managed to get hold of one of the little red ones yet :D

came this morning ,and its beautiful ,perfect for the carriers at timsbury :clap2::fish:

DSCF1416.jpg

(the big red 1 & little red 1)

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

came this morning ,and its beautiful ,perfect for the carriers at timsbury :clap2::fish:

DSCF1416.jpg

(the big red 1 & little red 1)

Looks sweet and I am pleased that you managed to get what you wanted which reminds me, I must get some more of that excellent flo-cast hollow line. Works like a dream with the pin although the local rivers are a complete waste of time at the moment with no flow at all.

Edited by tincatinca

Looks sweet and I am pleased that you managed to get what you wanted which reminds me, I must get some more of that excellent flo-cast hollow line. Works like a dream with the pin although the local rivers are a complete waste of time at the moment with no flow at all.

mmm now those are NIIIIICE reels :P:P:P:P

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk