My New Fishing wagon

JackPike

The Subaru Legacy, if it's anything like my Forester, isn't going to be much less thirsty than your Jeep, Jeepster.

Paul

they claim JEEP stands for Just Enough Essential Parts, but your one is better nugg, i havent heard that before!

i'd also been thinking about a forester paul, maybe i'll keep the jeep if theres no real difference.

Do yourself a favour Jeepster, arrange a test drive in a Nissan X-Trail 2.2 Diesel. Some prat ran into the back of our Forester and bent the chassis so it's been off the road for two weeks. We had a Nissan as a courtesy car and I didn't want to give it back. Not a car I'd have thought twice about prior to driving it but it's much more practical than the Forester and great to drive. Tremendously torquey engine coupled to a sweet six speed gearbox.

Paul

The Legacy very nice plenty of room and holds the road well but very thirsty considering its only a 2 litre basic model. I got more mpg with my old BMW 252 which is 2.7 litre but got 40mpg with that believe it or not

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

was it a 525e? much more economical than most similar cars due to skinny tyres and gear ratios designed for economy rather than speed

Nah, stick with it, Nissaner, just doesn't have the same ring to it, besides you would have the problem of finding what to spend all that spare cash on. :)

Mmmm, smell that leather and think again. :D

Jeep's only good thing for jeeps is a gas conversion!! All the ones I've seen hold a good price too!!

Seen a Legacy at the block the other night, on a P reg full test no tax. Two owners and 78k miles. Went for £1500 which I thought was not too bad?! Could have had 4 cars for lessthan a grand!! But no blooming cash!! Best was a P reg mondeo estate, months T+T 98,000 one owner, £300!! Didn't even realise what was happening!! Next day saw a higher miler on a local forecourt for £1495!! Never mind eh?!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Yep Jeepser it was the SE Lux I would,nt say it had skinny wheels bung it into Sports mode boy she could shift. Chris that legacy was a bargain minds on a P with 45k on the clock i paid more than £1500 thats life isnt it

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

i wasn't being disrespectful about the car jackpike as with most beemers they could shift when you wanted them to, but that particular one, had a few tricks up its sleeve to improve fuel economy, and whilst the tyres may not have been skinny, they were skinnier than on other 5 series (unless they had been changed before you got to it!)

i keep thinking about a gas conversion but its about 2 grand for a decent one (ie on that won't rob all my boot space) and i keep hearing nasty rumours that tax on LPG is going to increase dramatically soon.

and you're right nugg, nissaner sounds daft, not as daft as legacyer though!