licences

butiaboy

how many rods can you have on the same licence does a pole class as a rod :confused:

[ 28. March 2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: butiaboy ]

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

just what i thought but just making sure

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

Two rods per licence with a maximum of two licences at any one time. Poles , rods and whips all count as fishing instuments under the terms of your licence. It's up to riparian owners or clubs to determine how many rods you are allowed to use up to the four rod maximum.

Cheers

Bri

frenchie1:

I think 2 rods is enough for 1 fisherman,ok to have 3 if you have somebody with you,what would happen if 2 or 3 runs happend at once.

It all dpends what sort of fishing you are doing. If you are on a venue where you expect to get 1 run every blue moon, then four rods seems not enough at times.

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

frenchie1 - I fish an area where the only limit on the number of rods is how many I can afford to buy and then on how much room I have to bring them along with me.

I normally start out with two rods and if things are really fast, will bring in one of those. If slow, out go #3 & #4 to different areas with different baits.

When things speed up, I will cut back again to a pair of rods or even a single rod but in the area and with the bait that was most productive.

I've had two fish on at once on a few occasions. Nothing for it but to lock one rod and deal with the other. Sometimes the fish on the locked-up rod will remain on and sometimes not. Ah well. Never had three on at one time and hoping I won't.

I've also had a good few occasions when it was zero fish on four rods and while I could have caught the same number by using one rod, I wouldn't have felt I'd tried all the options and would have left the water thinking to myself, "What if ..... ".

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Clutch tightened to barely give line on a strong pull and really sturdy rod holders.

If I'm with someone, I like the way you did it though although if either of your two fish was a real lump with a bad attitude, might be a little tough. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President