Prescription polarised glasses

fruitloopy

I would like to buy some proper polarised glasses for fishing and will obviously need them for my prescription.

Can anyone recommend a good place? I could obviously go to Specsavers and get a pair free with normal glasses witha polarised option but is this any better or worse than a "Proper" pair?

I would like to buy some proper polarised glasses for fishing and will obviously need them for my prescription.

Can anyone recommend a good place? I could obviously go to Specsavers and get a pair free with normal glasses witha polarised option but is this any better or worse than a "Proper" pair?

Depends what you measn by "proper" pair? A pair of prescription sunglasses with polarised lenses are just as proper as a pair of tackle shop sunglasses with polarised lenses. If you are referring to the style then who cares as long as they work.

I looked into getting prescription polarised but at my opticians they wanted a lot of extra cash for the polarised lens. I just switched to contact lenses (which I always fancied anyway) and bought a cheap pair of polarise glasses from the market for £5. They are equally good as some of the tackle shop ones that are priced at £30.

If style isn't an issue and you don't fancy switching to contacts then look for clip ons

Try these, as recommended by Anglersnet :rolleyes::D

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Affiliate-Offe...cial_offer.html

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Contact lenses here too, and a pair of Cormorants. Daily disposable contacts are really cheap now, £7 for ten pairs a month, delivered.

They're certainly not cheap, but I got the Bolle Swisher ones from Spex4Less (can't get on with contacts and clip-ons I find a bit clunky). Fashion issues apart, it makes a big difference (to me at least) having a wrap-around style of frame that excludes light coming in from the sides.

Fashion doesnt bother me, that much is obvious if you ever met me! I do agree with Davyr though that a wrap around pair would be more agreeable.

Cant do contact lenses unfortunately as I am long sighted with astigmatisms, etc. Too much focusing on those floats knackered 'em!

I'll go and see Specsavers and see what the total comes to, I usually have polarised on my normal glasses anyway because I work heavily with computers.

If Rourke7719 is right then there'll be no difference in quality anyway.

Cheers.

Cant do contact lenses unfortunately as I am long sighted with astigmatisms, etc. Too much focusing on those floats knackered 'em!

You can get toric lenses now, to correct for astigmatism. For instance;

http://www.sainsburyscontactlenses.co.uk/t...s/c85251-1.html

I'll go and see Specsavers and see what the total comes to, I usually have polarised on my normal glasses anyway because I work heavily with computers.

Do you not find that the interaction with the polarising filter on LCD screens makes them hard to read?