hiya

chris_wade

Hi Chris and welcome to AnglersNet. I've been fishing over 60 years and still doing basic pleasure fishing. Tried the competition thing a few times and it just wasn't much fun for me so back to fishing for fun.

We do have quite a few members who like to compete or have specialized and they seem to enjoy that.

At any rate, feel free to join in the discussions or start a new one if you have specific questions.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcom to AnglersNet chris! I must agree with above that I much prefer pleasure fishing to matches, although I do like to have the odd spur of the moment competitions with friends, like first to catch a 1lb roach etc.

This site is a fountain of information, and from what i've experienced so far (only been signed up about a week!) the people here are some of the friendliest i've encountered online.

Plus you may find some new fishing buddies who live near you!