Worm Grunting

BoldBear

Just saw this, anyone used a method like this?

Makes a change from slippers, torch and a lawn on a warm night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/21/w...t_n_189593.html

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

That looks interesting, cant say I've tried it. I'm not sure what the local bobby will think of me when the dog walkers report funny noises in the woods. He already thinks I'm a bit weird for walking round the local golf coarse late on warm wet nights with a bucket and a head torch.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

They could be onto something here. I can remember sitting quietly in a swim at Wingham and watching a sudden eruption of earthworms scattering (as fast as earthworms can scatter) across the ground just to my right. I had no idea what was going on until I noticed a mole burrowing towards them just under the surface. Fascinating stuff! I couldn't hear any noise though.

I thought that you can buy mole scarers that work on a similar principle of sending vibrations through the earth. Maybe they make a sound like a giant earthworm grunting? :P

Steve C.

A long-tined fork stuck into the ground and wriggled has the same effect.

Easier (but less productive) than digging or using a headlight and trainers on suitable nights.

I've done more than my share of "lamping", digging, and the method above, so these days I find the easiest way to get lobs is to keep my local tackle shop in business

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Parking the Land Rover on a suitable piece of grass with the engine ticking over for five or ten minutes does it for me!

I just can't bring myself to pay for worms :rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I don't think my local rugby club would appreciate me skicking a stake in the pitch. i willl stick with the head torch and the rain for now. Like Worms said i find any for of constant vibration brings them up.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I'll have to give that a bash. I used to have a very productive lobworm patch just over the fence at the back of my garden. Unfortunately this patch was on the embankment belonging to British Rail and while I was busy digging worms one day, 2 coppers turned up to see what was going on. Even though I was a good 30 feet from the tracks, I still got charged for trespass. To be fair on the 2 coppers who made the arrest, they were somewhat embarrassed to find that I had been digging worms. They even explained that they wouldn't have pressed charges if they had realised what it was I was up to. Unfortunately, they had already called in the fact that I had been apprehended and couldn't retract the call.

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'll have to give that a bash. I used to have a very productive lobworm patch just over the fence at the back of my garden. Unfortunately this patch was on the embankment belonging to British Rail and while I was busy digging worms one day, 2 coppers turned up to see what was going on. Even though I was a good 30 feet from the tracks, I still got charged for trespass. To be fair on the 2 coppers who made the arrest, they were somewhat embarrassed to find that I had been digging worms. They even explained that they wouldn't have pressed charges if they had realised what it was I was up to. Unfortunately, they had already called in the fact that I had been apprehended and couldn't retract the call.

....Andy....

when did that happen mate, that was a great wee lob patch!

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Different patch Andy. Not to worry. The one we use now is still there, although it does need a little working over to get it fully productive again. It's needing dig, turned ad raked. Some sort of invasive weed took hold and the last time I went digging, it had turned into a jungle, making it difficult to dig anything. Between the two of us, it won't take long and if we do it now, it'll be be in good form for next year.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...