looking into boats and found this cool toy

billy50000

Hi Steve

We've been using inflatable boats, in addition to a regular fast fisher (Wilson Flyer), for over ten years now.

Started off with a tiny 2.5 meter one, no need to guess the make, for inshore Bass fishing, and haven't looked back since.

Currently we use a 3.4 meter inflatable which packs down into a largish bag, and is powered by either a Minn Kota or a 4hp Yamaha for inshore stuff, or a 4.7m version, fitted with a 30hp Mariner, for anything up to ten miles off in the depths of winter. We'd happily go further, except we have no need.

Both these boats are supremely safe and inspire just the right amount of confidence.

Never put a hook through a tube yet. You do have to be a little careful, especially with Thornback Rays and Bass, that you're not clumsy and puncture a tube, but this is all about £££ and not the safety aspect. A decent inflatable is far from cheap for a number of reasons, but the most relevant is the multi chamber tubes. The biggest of ours has eight separate chambers, giving it a permissible payload in the region of 1.5 tons! Puncture one....get the duck tape out for a temporary repair, swear a bit, and carry on fishing.

Not bad for a boat that's delivered in a bag, and a far cry from the things hanging up outside a stall at the seaside.

A few pics and a short vid.

zodiac1.JPG

newconsole2.jpg

Russbream-500.jpg

http://www.vimeo.com/2701620

Inflatable boats are unbeatable, admittedly, in my obviously biased and passionate opinion. :D

a boat is a money pit ,you might as well go chartered its far cheaper

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters a boat is a hole in the water that you keep throwing money into and you are right over all chartered may work out cheaper but there is just something about having your own and going when you want.

Sharkbyte cracking pics and yes i can see what you mean not the cheap and cheerful toy i had in my mind ,I used to have a Dell quay dory which was ok for a bit of inshore stuff in calm conditions but a lot of hull slap though drove me mad :D .

I do a lot of work for the family that own MDL marinas and whilst out in Spain looking over a marina that they have just bought saw the Guardia Civil patrol boat which was a massive rib with 3 x 250hp outboards on the back :o ,Nothing like a bit of overkill eh!.

Before we got old we had this baby near on 40 knot boat but with the big V8 guzzling petrol at 16 gallons an hour ,Major rush out at sea but sadly we didn't keep her there long before moving her on the the Thames ,then we sold her to get a narrow boat talk about one extreme to the other .

Takingboattohardstanding010.jpg

Just love boats in all shapes and sizes steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1JJVL0H-Rs...feature=related

these are the people the G.Civil are chasing...notice the containers? they are known as "Fardos"they are always the same weight. 30 kg each of hashish

The idiot drug dealer even filmed his own face................the GC appreciated that in court! :lol:

Some of the druggies boats have 6 motors, and the ribs are huge.

Lol.

Steam out ten miles in a leisurely half an hour, catch as many decent Cod as you can handle / want to keep.....all for the princely sum of £8 in fuel.

Maintenance, about £50 a year.

Nothing like fishing your own marks, on your own boat.

true sharkbyte

take your time and potter and have a cheap-ish boat and the cost can be minimal

taking off the original purchase price obviously.

but id love to have the opportunaty to have that kind of freedom with a boat i can take home easily via a bag or small trailer..

but at the moment im having enough trouble from the local kids and it seems 20+yr olds throwing abuse at me and my family (me +otherhalf and my two small daughters)about being english bas****s.

ive had the police involved and the housing co-op and even been treaten`d with the farther(not heard that one before!!!!!

really scared i am:)

walk out the house and they scarper,but its not the point,now they are getting strangers to hurl abuse(well strangers we`ve never seen before)

soon it will be eggs hitting the house and vandalism to my car as its already been abuse at my two daughters which may and probably will upgrade to violance..

they should be on damn curfews in places where parents couldnt give two shites where their kids are untill stupid hours..

and i thought i had moved for the better..

but im not being harassed out of my house by this utter pathetic crap so they got some fun comming.

i phoned the police last night only to be put and left on HOLD!!!

its trespass and harrassment(abuse,foul language)basic hate crimes which is apparently a criminal offence in scotland!!

ummmmmmmm

nice damn boat you got there:)lucky git:)

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Boats needn't be a financial black hole. The first rule is to make sure you get a boat that is not going to cost you a dime if you do not use it. Maintain it yourself and you can save a small fortune, with peace of mind to boot. Get something that's frugal on juice, this usually means very lightweight for it's size / performance.

Buy secondhand and save a fortune on new prices. Let a mug take the hit.

There's too many internet threads putting people off of getting into boating where it's said to be too expensive, too dangerous, too much hassle etc. This is GB....we're supposed to rule the bloody waves! :D

Sounds like you have your share of grief....and some more, Billy.

You are obviously a very patient bloke, I hope all turns out well for you and your family.

nah not patient just bideing my time and trying to remain legal despite the cops driving past the offenders twice in the space of 15mins and doing nothing to disperse them:)

il have my revenge but i fear it will not be good on me,but hey im signed off for mental health reasons and one being stress and many others which equals bad news when i really do loose it.

but for now il see what the local plod will do.

they (not my abusers)have just dispersed (another very loud bunch hanging around the corner a door away)

cops eh

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

il have my revenge but i fear it will not be good on me,but hey im signed off for mental health reasons and one being stress and many others which equals bad news when i really do loose it.

There's another word for all of that. Mitigation.

Probably not wise to discuss your intentions on the www, or anywhere else for that matter. ;)