Adios Aviva

ColinW

I couldn't be bothered checking out alternatives when my bike insurance came up for renewal, so I rang Aviva to renew the policy. They actually had the stupidity to put me on hold. Now, I fully expect to be messed about and strung along by call centres when I ring up with a complaint, but when I ring up to buy something? :angry:

Anyhoo, they saved me £60 by doing it, thanks to those meerkats. Aviva £147, Bennetts £87 :D

I couldn't be bothered checking out alternatives when my bike insurance came up for renewal, so I rang Aviva to renew the policy. They actually had the stupidity to put me on hold. Now, I fully expect to be messed about and strung along by call centres when I ring up with a complaint, but when I ring up to buy something? :angry:

Anyhoo, they saved me £60 by doing it, thanks to those meerkats. Aviva £147, Bennetts £87 :D

Don't forget to cancel with Aviva as they may just want to charge you an admin. fee.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Don't forget to cancel with Aviva as they may just want to charge you an admin. fee.

Admin fee my backside.......a renewal notice is no more than an invitation to buy. Any such request for money for refusing to buy would be met with a suitable 'harvey smith' :D

Must say my renewal is due next week and i'm not overly impressed with it. 1.6 astra.....me 44 no job but 10+ years NCD and no convictions or claims and they want £390 including legal cover and protected bonus with 250 quid excess.

Given a friend of mine has just got a fresh quote for herself in a similar vehicle with her daughter named as having just come off a drinking ban for £448 makes me think mine aint that cheap.

I get soooo wound up by this every year around this time. Seems my lack of a job is more of a risk than the 40k miles a year my mate drives, the other mate with 2 years bonus and now someone with a DD on their licence. Makes me wonder just how much I need to polish my halo to get myself a good risk status lol.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Must say my renewal is due next week and i'm not overly impressed with it. 1.6 astra.....me 44 no job but 10+ years NCD and no convictions or claims and they want £390 including legal cover and protected bonus with 250 quid excess.

Thats a bit pricey, I pay £325 fully comp on a 2.5 v6 vectra with 3yrs NCD and I`m 32, no convictions or claims, thats inc legal and protected ncd too.

Guest Brumagem Phil
Thats a bit pricey, I pay £325 fully comp on a 2.5 v6 vectra with 3yrs NCD and I`m 32, no convictions or claims, thats inc legal and protected ncd too.

I don't know many people who get a worse deal than I do. I've been on confused.com today and can't get more than a handful of quid off my renewal quote.

Is being out of work really such a big risk? Its the only thing I can think of that makes the difference. Maybe I should get myself a job, have a crash or two and get me a few points.......maybe then i'd be considered a better risk??? :lol:

I have always found that confused.com and other such sites a waste of time. I have been able to beat the prices that they quote every time by checking around the individual companies myself. The only comparison site that I have ever found in the least bit useful is www.themoneyspermarket.com. and even then their car insurance quotes are generally on the high side but they are good for checking out interest rates for loans or savings..

I had always used an independant broker - and they were always better than the comparison sites. That was until my then girlfriend told me she used NFU mutual. That saved me about 50 quid a year I think so probably worth a call.

Rob.

I never just accept the renewal and always clear the decks and do a couple of hours surf bashing to find the best deal.

Have had the extra payment taken by Aviva [Norwich union as was] and also recieved a renwal quotation this time round for Buildings which some how had doubled even though i hadnt claimed and nothing buliding wise had altered. Went from £107 to £275 and when i rang freephone to query after being passed from pillar to post they had no explanation of why, so reverted to my best quote of £109 from Esure. As regards motor ins i only drive older vehicles and currently am on an "S" reg 1.6 Renault Scenic MPV with an ins premium of £137 - i previously drove a 1.6 inj Suzuki Swift for a tenner less ----- am 48 10+ yrs NCD street parked, these days alot of the cost is bolted on by area and crime rates so bears no relation to the vehicle or owner.

Apologies to Chris Goddard whom i got the Suzuki from, brilliant car and didnt cost me a bean to run but a little tight in getting all my gear in :lol:

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com