multipliers good ? chesters isnt sure

chesters1

well i went camping ,heard dogfish were about so threw in bait (its faster than catching dogfish but the result is the same

)and kept the tackle in the tent .

but i did have a couple of casts with my 14ft beachcaster and 7ht with its nice new brake blocks in.

went a long way .....sure did .

but the dam thing in every other respect is rubbish! ,the retrieve is crap even with my hand a veritable blur it cannot reel in as fast as my fixed spool ! its was so slow i didnt see the trace till it hit the apron.with the fixed spool you can spot it 30ft out !

why are anglers not demanding a higher retrieve why are they settling for half a reel?

needs a level wind as well one that can be unclipped for the cast but there for making the line spool nicely ,its like a bloody centerpin! looks like ebay will get it unless theres a magic button i have missed that engages a fast gear?

did go a long way though but the strange movable scale makes the notion of "setting" the brakes impossible ,next trip the scale will have moved so i wont have a clue what the brake setting is was or is now

not a normal level wind though a oscillating type as used in fixed spools so the next set of line cannot bed into the preceding one as a spool wide length of line is underneath stopping it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

you used a multilplier:)lol

i went for a spree at portabello beach and it sucked,but on the bright side my knotts held well enough to nearly drag 1ton bolders in:)

maybe next time il scope the bad bits out!

crammond is having work done so i couldnt get out there and ended up driving past portobello or however its darn spelt and thought "oh that looks ok"

doh!!!

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

you used a multilplier:)lol

i went for a spree at portabello beach and it sucked,but on the bright side my knotts held well enough to nearly drag 1ton bolders in:)

maybe next time il scope the bad bits out!

crammond is having work done so i couldnt get out there and ended up driving past portobello or however its darn spelt and thought "oh that looks ok"

doh!!!

yup rocky ,best to look at low tide wherever you are ,you saw me use a multi before on our stokes bay outing and you saw the resulting birds nest i got but at least i got my end tackle back in what was a foot of water at high tide ,whoops

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Why didn't you simply buy a reel with the features & performance you wanted in the first place?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Why didn't you simply buy a reel with the features & performance you wanted in the first place?

for a fiver it was worth the punt ,not up on multipliers so i saw it so i grabbed it ,may try the 6rm as it uses the same brakes and has a level wind next april as camping is over for the year errr so the mrs says :(

i doubt the retrieve is fast enough to get high enough over the rocks which is bad

Edited by chesters1

for a fiver it was worth the punt ,not up on multipliers so i saw it so i grabbed it ,may try the 6rm as it uses the same brakes and has a level wind next april as camping is over for the year errr so the mrs says :(

i doubt the retrieve is fast enough to get high enough over the rocks which is bad

I think the 6RM has bushes instead of bearings on the spool "axle". I also think it's got no magnets if it's the same as my 6HM, so you control it by choosing the right thickness oil in the bearings. Not having any bearings is not going to be a big help on that score! Bearings to replace the bushes can be had off ebay for a couple of quid, they are standard sizes (but both different!)

Intrepid Sea Screech, now that was a reel!

There's a chap in Abbotsbury who still uses one all the time.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

yup that was the reel i was using in post 3 ;) not your normal red one but the carbon version