lift method.

afcrob

BUDGIE:

Yes but a standard waggler would be better as the more bouyant the tip the better.

For once I don't agree with Budgie!

I often use a waggler with a long insert for lift fishing. The thinner the tip, the more and faster it rises in the water.

This can be especially relevant when you want to use a small shot near the hook, as I often do with small baits. With the thick tip of a standard waggler there's little upward movement of the float when a fish lifts a small shot off the bottom.

On the other hand, with big baits and a big shot near the hook standard wagglers are fine. The large shot means that the float lifts a fair way in any event.

At longer range you may have to use a float with a thicker tip just to see it properly anyway. Well you do when you get to my age!

A Drennan Windbeater can be useful in this situation, even when there's little wind. The stem was purposely made ultra-thin for showing lift bites easily, yet the thick tip is visible at range.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net