PB cod

Deepseacodmaster

thats bl**dy good fishing in anyones book

Very nice fish. We can only fish cod from within 3 miles of shore here in the winter season.

an-cod.jpg

Capt. G-No with a 28 pound beauty!

Cod Fishing New England

Hope to get in some North Sea fishing in 2010

(I resized the photo to fit better on the page. 800x600 is about the largest that works well here. Newt)

Edited by Newt

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice fish. We can only fish cod from within 3 miles of shore here in the winter season.

an-cod.jpg

Capt. G-No with a 28 pound beauty!

Cod Fishing New England

Hope to get in some North Sea fishing in 2010

(I resized the photo to fit better on the page. 800x600 is about the largest that works well here. Newt)

Lovely fish Elmer. The site is great too. I noticed some nice Haddock in there. Looks like really good fun mate :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge

Mr Motorola.

Don’t you dare go to Norway without letting me have a shot at filling a place?

Will seriously have to do a trip with you next year on chieftain. I have asked the skippers permission and he says I can tag along any time I like as long as I behave my-self. So you will have to let me know what your long trip booking dates are for next year and I will sort some holidays out to coincide.

Then again I could always try and see if I could come in some sort of official capacity. :clap::thumbs:

Regards and well done again mate.

New England is a possiblilty for our next overseas jaunt! - mainly for the bass.

Heres Henry's tales from Rost http://www.henry-gilbey.com/photo_essays/n...d_coalfish.html

Or this to see the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tCkiQeRdVs

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Mr Motorola.

Don't you dare go to Norway without letting me have a shot at filling a place?

Will seriously have to do a trip with you next year on chieftain. I have asked the skippers permission and he says I can tag along any time I like as long as I behave my-self. So you will have to let me know what your long trip booking dates are for next year and I will sort some holidays out to coincide.

Then again I could always try and see if I could come in some sort of official capacity. :clap::thumbs:

Regards and well done again mate.

No problem whatsoever Challenge. Actually , the lads were asking when / if you were going to show yourself again!!?? They want to put a face to the master filleter they have heard so much about. I'll let you know when we're going mate , probably June July time.

See you soon Challenge. :)

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Hello Charlie.

Got your message the other day. Will give you a call later on in the week.

Good to see that there are fish out there to be caught this time of year. There brave souls doing 94 hour trips this time of year. Still good of them. Determination never did an angler any harm. At least with the silence this trip has caused it must mean that at least they are believed. Remember one trip we had Charlie when there was a couple of cod over 30lb caught and a boat load of cod over 20lb the anglers in question where accused of not telling the truth. :sun: Still at least it’s seams to of stirred up a few halibuts on the inshore grounds. :D

Regards.

Hi John

Thanks for that John, look forward to call.

It is strange to observe how aparant disbelief and questioning of ones integretty goes on and yet in most cases the accusor fully expects to have 100% credibility for all their own announsments, the old saying, nowt so queer as folk springs to mind !!!

Another fitting one being I think ( only them as knows knows)

the rest thinks they knows.

Regards

Charlie

Guest challenge
Hi John

Thanks for that John, look forward to call.

It is strange to observe how aparant disbelief and questioning of ones integretty goes on and yet in most cases the accusor fully expects to have 100% credibility for all their own announsments, the old saying, nowt so queer as folk springs to mind !!!

Another fitting one being I think ( only them as knows knows)

the rest thinks they knows.

Regards

Charlie

The thing was Charlie that apparently (even though the lad got 12 independent adjudicators to weigh the fish on 3 separate sets of scales) you cannot claim a cod to be 32lb unless you take it to the angling shop (that just happened to be 140 miles into the westward of where we where) to have it weighed.

Told you not to hand over the sweep money that day Charlie, remembering that you where well in the lead that day with an (unofficial of course) 30lb cod until someone caught one 32lb to win the day. I remember the whole episode well. I remember you walking up the deck and being the first man to shake his hand and congratulate him on his fine fish. Sorry that not all can be as sporting…

Regards.

The thing was Charlie that apparently (even though the lad got 12 independent adjudicators to weigh the fish on 3 separate sets of scales) you cannot claim a cod to be 32lb unless you take it to the angling shop (that just happened to be 140 miles into the westward of where we where) to have it weighed.

Told you not to hand over the sweep money that day Charlie, remembering that you where well in the lead that day with an (unofficial of course) 30lb cod until someone caught one 32lb to win the day. I remember the whole episode well. I remember you walking up the deck and being the first man to shake his hand and congratulate him on his fine fish. Sorry that not all can be as sporting…

Regards.

Hi John.

Yes, what a trip.

Not taking the sweep with a 30Ib fish was good because it ment better than that had been caught on the same trip.

I still sit and re fish those trips, I remember well being on board with a Hull based team, that trip we went to Southerd, the first day I would't have caught half a box and the group had stone after stone after stone, on the second day I did manage to do a bit better.

I still look upon that trip as a land mark trip, not because of the boxes of green I caught ( or didn't) but the great company and the readiness and entheusiasum of the lads to impart tips and bits of gear to get

my game up to speed.

I still have some little Norwiegen weighing about 6-7 oz which as the tide eases were deadly.

Great days John.

One could sit and recount trips till the cows come home but Mary won't let me sit on my arse for that long!!! but I pull up a bollard when I ever get chance and away I sail.

Regards

Charlie.

Guest challenge
Hi John.

Yes, what a trip.

Not taking the sweep with a 30Ib fish was good because it ment better than that had been caught on the same trip.

I still sit and re fish those trips, I remember well being on board with a Hull based team, that trip we went to Southerd, the first day I would't have caught half a box and the group had stone after stone after stone, on the second day I did manage to do a bit better.

I still look upon that trip as a land mark trip, not because of the boxes of green I caught ( or didn't) but the great company and the readiness and entheusiasum of the lads to impart tips and bits of gear to get

my game up to speed.

I still have some little Norwiegen weighing about 6-7 oz which as the tide eases were deadly.

Great days John.

One could sit and recount trips till the cows come home but Mary won't let me sit on my arse for that long!!! but I pull up a bollard when I ever get chance and away I sail.

Regards

Charlie.

Hi Charlie.

Yes they where great times and it’s good to sea that Carl and many others are still having trips that we sadly can only travel on when reciting past memories.

Remember how I use to jot everything down in my diaries that I kept? Well have been reading through them all lately and (as promised) am getting well into making some kind of journal regarding them. Not just what went on aboard the boat but the whole picture of life working for John and Michele?

Ill, quote just a short section from one of my diaries that is quite relevant I think.

“Steaming through the inshore grounds this morning after a very successful 94 hour trip. About 2 miles to port then an hour to get these lads off the next trip onboard and get back to sea for a 48 hour trip. Weather has been kind to us all week and is certainly not let us down for the long passage home. just been listening to John talking to someone (on VHF) they said that that there had been very little caught on the inshore beats this week but was better last weekend and John was telling them what a good trip we had and where we had bean”. “Suddenly (reporting on another VHF channel) a certain boat has just started catching fish”. I then went on to say, “we where all falling about in the wheelhouse laughing so much we where almost crying”.All good memories Charlie and so good to see that some things never change.

Regards.

Reading back through some of stories has been a pleasure and enjoyable to say the least. I didn't know JB for no where near as long you as you or Charlie did but the years i did, i can safely say that it was an honest pleasure to meet the man and enjoy his knowledge of the industry. May the man rest in peace knowing that he has set the milestone in taking the fishing game in the North Sea to another level.

How is Michele doing these days? Has anyone seen her or is she still in NZ?