SOMETHING NEW FOR ME.

Janet

Janet while i'm not qualified to comment ( IE still learning ) i posted tis pic on another forum and below are some of the comments.

Rovingcommentator.jpg

(1)

The image is not working for me at all Fred. Sorry . It would be so much better if he was looking at the camera or if someone/thing was in his line of sight. the image doesn't tell any sort of a story>>>that red thing is also distracting. On the plus side it's well exposed but I really think you may have missed a great face to photograph.

(2)

The eyes have it, always

No eyes, no shot for me 99% of the time

A picture has to tell us something as a viewer, a story, an emotion

(3)

This shots probably more representative of what you experienced, rather than conveying anything to anyone else looking, and that's not necessarily a bad thing as you know the other elements in the picture thats not just visible to us

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Its never good to take a portrait when your subject is looking into the sun, it makes them screw their eyes up, its also not flattering to see up peoples nostrils, so be careful with the angle you shoot from.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Its never good to take a portrait when your subject is looking into the sun, it makes them screw their eyes up, its also not flattering to see up peoples nostrils, so be careful with the angle you shoot from.

Steve...:)

That's some of the best nostrils I've seen for some time, well maintained compared to many ;)

I must admit that I like the idea of the pictures - there's just an extra something missing at the minute.

Rob.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's good to get some genuine critique!

With regards to the angle, I didn't have a lot of choice. I was sitting on one of the benches on this semi-trad boat. Coming up to a difficult bridge hole with an oncoming boat, I couldn't have stood up without blocking his view.

Also, becaus he was so busy concentrating, he didn't have time to get out of the way of my camera....unlike his other half... :P

4132262288_6573249340.jpg

Janet