Fishing In The Closed Season

Elton

Posted on Behalf of Paul. Please add all replies to this thread:

HI IM NEW TO FISHING AND WONDERED IF I WAS ALLOWED TO FISH IN THE CLOSED SEASON ON LOCAL CARP FISHERIES, I HAVE A ROD LICENCE. CAN SONEONE HELP PLEASE.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It depends on the water. My local fishery has a different close season (February-May), but still has one. Some fisheies don't have a close season at all. Just try phoning up a few local ones and see what they say.

As a general rule the traditional closed season only applies to rivers.

Canals and stillwaters can be fished all year round.

HOWEVER!

It would be worth checking as fishery owners or local councils can impose closed seasons on any of the waters they control and they don't necessarily have to run alongside the traditional closed season.

Try to find a contact telephone number for the lake owner or controlling body first and check. If you can't find any contact details then personally I would fish it.

Although the normal closed season still applies on Rivers; most stillwaters are now open during the same period, however as 'Dan Dan' said some waters still have a closed season where the Clubs or Landowners have decided to keep their water(s) closed during selected months; so it's best to check first.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)