Wow!

Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Now, where can I buy a glue-gun :unsure:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Now, where can I buy a glue-gun :unsure:

I got mine from J-Mart with 12 asorted coloured glue sticks yesterday for a total of £5.98!

I've already made three nymphs! Takes a bit of practice and not quite up to that guy's standards, but not bad, especially my lead wound Gammarus!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...

My legs don't look much like his!

But with practice, maybe...

I've got some clear glue with sparkly red glitter in it. I've investigated the possibility of making bloodworm imitations from it, just squeezing out some worms with it - I think it skirts the line between fly and soft rubber lure a little too closely :lol:

Add some photos, guys. We need evidence :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My legs don't look much like his!

But with practice, maybe...

I've got some clear glue with sparkly red glitter in it. I've investigated the possibility of making bloodworm imitations from it, just squeezing out some worms with it - I think it skirts the line between fly and soft rubber lure a little too closely :lol:

The legs take some practice and I don't get on with the lighter method of re-melting the glue to get it to flow. It burns the glue. I use the gas stove, the flame is cleaner.

I make the legs by cutting a small piece of the glue foma stick, holding it in forceps and waving it briefly in the gas flame. I then 'blob' it on to the body and pull away, let it dry for a few seconds and then cut it to length with scissors. When I've finished all of the legs I trim them to length.

Just for you Elton the first two were really experiments to try out techniques etc. The first one is a sort of bulbous and garish mayfly nymph.

Mayfly.jpg

This is a sort of stonefly nymph!

stonefly.jpg

This is a freshwater shrimp, starting to get the hang of it now!

Gammarus.jpg

Have you had the chance to use these yet, by the way? I'm planning to have a bash with mine at the Itchen fish-in next month, if the conditions are OK.

No, not yet! We've got a thaw setting in now and the Lugg is going to come up thick and fast. At least it goes down just as quickly!

I'm hoping to get out over the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed.

I've got so many things to try out when the weather/rivers improve, sea fishing tackle, grayling "secret" bait, these flies.......the list is getting longer by the day as well, I just had a tax rebate and my Birthday's coming up! Now what do I buy?....... :P

I'm just hoping that the Itchen will be in decent condition for the AN day there. I sometimes get some back-end barbel fishing in if I'm lucky, and then it's trout time.