Shimano 5000 RE

CaptainBlue

Thanks for that Steve, I haven't used the Fox reels so it's useful to hear a like for like comparison. You don't need to crank much when bream fishing anyway :D

On the off chance you catch a few bream one day Andreoo, you might find it helps if your reel still works and you've got some cranking power. From what I've seen and read Fox stratos reels might not do that. :D

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I finnished up ordering a couple of the shimano 2500 DL mini baitrunners last night, I've been thinking about getting them for a spell now. I just hope they're as good as all the previous shimano baitrunners. I reckon they should be spot on for any fishing.. still water or rivers so long as you don't have to cast to the middle of next week lol.

Brian, it's certainly snowing now bud, about 6 inches up to now. I bet your even worse up on those hills ! :D

Edited by Tigger

I finnished up ordering a couple of the shimano 2500 DL mini baitrunners last night, I've been thinking about getting them for a spell now. I just hope they're as good as all the previous shimano baitrunners. I reckon they should be spot on for any fishing.. still water or rivers so long as you don't have to cast to the middle of next week lol.

I would have thought you had enough shimano reels to breed some little ones. :D

Brian, it's certainly snowing now bud, about 6 inches up to now. I bet your even worse up on those hills ! :D

Not good mate, we still had 2-3inches left from last time and everything is frozen rock hard. Cant see any fishing happening this week. :angry:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I would have thought you had enough shimano reels to breed some little ones. :D

Not good mate, we still had 2-3inches left from last time and everything is frozen rock hard. Cant see any fishing happening this week. :angry:

I have a few pairs of shimanos but they musn't be compatible as they've not bred yet :lol:

I've just had some of the dogs out down the river near me and to be honest it does look fishable. I think the meltdown will maybe put the fish off the feed though. If the weather does what the forcast says and is sunny this week then I'll have a little go and see if anything wants it's lip pierced.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I ordered a Fox Stratos FS7000. Will pick it up when I'm in the UK over the weekend.

I liked the option with spool reducers and the choice of single or double handles.

Now all I have to do is find a decent lake in Sweden with good sized Bream in. Very few carp lakes. That's why I'm thinking of renting my own lake and stocking it. You'd be surprised at the number of lakes over here and amazed of the lack of bank space.

Mark

Stockholm, Sweden.

(Ex North Met Pit, Cheshunt local lad)