christmas presants

billy50000

Hi all

well my kids got a wii for christmas and other than the fun and simplistic way the console holds itself i must admit im kinda dissapointed in it!

my kids love it and thats all that counts and it is very fun paired with the wii balance board(wii fit board and game)

its great for keeping tabs on your weight and its very simple and easy to use with many well constructed info and advice.(even includes pets in weights )

well me being me i see the price v specs and to be honest its very slim on extras and functionality.

one annoying thing is no built in dvd drive

upside is the optical drive will last longer due to not running dvds for 2hr stretches

graphics gpu is less than a crap agp card i had 3yrs ago which ran graphic intensive games and dvds and with very little heat!

no decent internal storage capacity bar the use of an sd card slot!

which also affects the capacity to store pics and movies(it can play camera filmed movies(family home vids)it doesnt even allow you to delete pics when you do insert an sd card.

kids love personalising the desktops and stuff with thier own pics but this system is very limited in that area(as good as non existant)

so far i cannot use a digital camera to input your own face ect on the mii`s(personalised character which represents yourself)despite the 2x usb2 ports which seem to have no real use so far as nothing works in conjuction with it(i expect wii will bring out some overpriced camera for it)

the wii sensor bar for the wireless remote is weak at best and will only work from 2-4ft if your lucky so if you move too far from it all hell breaks loose and you have to wave it round like a dying sky remote to get it back again(even on powerful batterys)

the best bit is the wifi bit which connects to any wifi router and its pretty quick but alas they followed xbox and charge for simple stuff bar demos..

dont get me wrong its a good console for playing family based competitions and encouraging family time but for the money i did expect more !:(

the graphics are ok and simple and appeal to the kids which is the whole point but this system has not been built to evolve over time and it will struggle to keep up with the demands of our techminded kids.

if you want a good allrounder go PS3 as they do everything and have free net and will evolve with time.

kids like it so i guess its the point !

moral of the story!check the specs

one thing the wii does when the sensor bar lets you is it lets you feel almost one with the movements and things you want it to do when playing things like archery/bowling/tabletennis/sword fighting/etc etc

it has its hiccups but its pretty acurate as long as your close enough to the tv which is what ive been telling the kids off for all these years:):)lol

sorry for the rant but for nintendo i stupidly expected more from it!

gonna test the wii fit board as a measurer for post office parcels later:)(so far it senses things over about 1-4kilos roughly...

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Whilst I agree with some of what you say I disagree with a fair bit. The wii was never intended to be an all singing all dancing gaming machine - x-box and playstation do that very well. What the wii does have is a great sensor system which adapts easily to fulfil multiple functions, and for all I've tried it does so pretty well. The motion sensor also works much, much further away than you seem to be experiencing. Ours works up to a good 10ft away, and I've played guitar hero at a mates at even further away. You may need to reposition it - ours is under the tv but above or below, make sure you tell it the right spot.

Rob.

mines above the tv but at a good height and positioned very painstakinly to get the best but alas i get a mere 2-4ft out of it :(

your lucky to get 10ft and even putting mine under the telly i get the same results despite the 10ft cable the sensor bar comes with:)

i know the xbox and ps3 were ment to be the gamer machine and they do it well but this console doesnt even let the kids create the personal touch they love to do:)desktops/pic/thier own faces.

dvd isnt a problem but i was supprised to find it didnt play dvds and thats one reason i brought one so the nipper (1st born):)could play her films too

but saying that xbox have only just begun to incorporate blue ray when ps3 have it as standard but plain dvd is fine for me and the kids so blue ray isnt an issue here but just a supprise xbox are lagging:)

i have to admit archery on the wii is a fav:)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

remember the time we had to wait to buy a kempston joystick for the spectrum? you buggers get it soft nowadays :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yep i remember that time:)

daily thompsons super test and jiggling the joystick round like a sex starved teenager:)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

phew thats what it was :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

what the game or the jiggling:)not starved me!!!the caravan could have told ya that:)lololol

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

You can also access iPlayer on it, which is very handy indeed.

that is a bonus and well used to date:)kids and damn eastenders plots:)

not me really!!!!much

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

patience in 11 months time you can play

http://www.nintendo-hacks.com/

http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-hacking/

Edited by chesters1