disaster shore fishing south of the hunber

big_cod

Looking on most of the shore fishing forums the cod fishing south of humber and down to the south coast has been a disaster this winter with very few cod been reported surely it cant be global warming :rolleyes: or is it just a lack of fish.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Looking on most of the shore fishing forums the cod fishing south of humber and down to the south coast has been a disaster this winter with very few cod been reported surely it cant be global warming :rolleyes: or is it just a lack of fish.

paul.

It's neither, Paul. There has been no shortage of cod down here.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

no shortage down here in the Selsey area during the season (sep-dec) for the last three years, not of huge size but compared to how it's been for the previous fifteen or so years where we didn't see a cod from season to season it's been good fishing.

might be up your way in the summer big cod , how's the fishing at that time of year ?

Guest challenge

So in the opinion of those anglers who fish from the shore, has it been a good year (or average) angling from the shore on the south coast? Or (as big cod suggests because of what has reported from numerous forums) has it been a disaster?

Regards.

So in the opinion of those anglers who fish from the shore, has it been a good year (or average) angling from the shore on the south coast? Or (as big cod suggests because of what has reported from numerous forums) has it been a disaster?

Regards.

I don't know about the South coast, but as far as the East coast is concerned, well let's put it this way; if this winter has been a disaster, it's one I could definately live with. There may well have been some negative reports on some forums, but there have been some very good ones, too. Some of the photos I've seen have looked like something from the 60's, with nice big cod lined up on the beach. Not surprisingly, most of the good reports have coincided with the best tides and conditions.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

no shortage down here in the Selsey area during the season (sep-dec) for the last three years, not of huge size but compared to how it's been for the previous fifteen or so years where we didn't see a cod from season to season it's been good fishing.

might be up your way in the summer big cod , how's the fishing at that time of year ?

Thats good to hear been looking on on a lot of forums and you it seems hard to find anybody mentioning they are catching cod anywhere it looks a bit like as to what the fishing has been like hear oct-dec it was fairy steady but since christmas with all these easterlys the fishing in general hasnt been good from the shore certain spots have produced some quality fish but rageing easterlys on smaller tides arouns hear the motion just actaully clears the water on the scaurs and that is a no go for cod its hard to belive this occurs with all the swell but it does the fishing in summer for cod up here can be excellent pick your tides and preferable spring and early summer is my favourite time you wont be disapointed.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Thats good to hear been looking on on a lot of forums and you it seems hard to find anybody mentioning they are catching cod anywhere it looks a bit like as to what the fishing has been like hear oct-dec it was fairy steady but since christmas with all these easterlys the fishing in general hasnt been good from the shore certain spots have produced some quality fish but rageing easterlys on smaller tides arouns hear the motion just actaully clears the water on the scaurs and that is a no go for cod its hard to belive this occurs with all the swell but it does the fishing in summer for cod up here can be excellent pick your tides and preferable spring and early summer is my favourite time you wont be disapointed.

paul.

The Humber shore and boat fishing has been quiet since xmas, but that is very much down to perpetual easterlies. I have seen the fish arrive in November and take off after christmas many times in the past when we have had a serious cold spell, so I do not think that this shows any significant trend. The other thing is that people look on forums now before they bother turning out in the cold. I put 300 hooks out near the Haile fort on New Years eve and never had a single fish. It could be a different story next week.

The Humber shore and boat fishing has been quiet since xmas, but that is very much down to perpetual easterlies. I have seen the fish arrive in November and take off after christmas many times in the past when we have had a serious cold spell, so I do not think that this shows any significant trend. The other thing is that people look on forums now before they bother turning out in the cold. I put 300 hooks out near the Haile fort on New Years eve and never had a single fish. It could be a different story next week.

Clive one of my lads who is out with me today phoned me yesterday and the he normally goes out of the humber on his mates charterboat but the fishing recently has been poor he phoned me at 3pm yesterday and said there was quite a few boats out and the fishing was extremly poor to say the least his mates boat only had 3 cod on board as you say clive this very cold weather and the snow water comeing out of the humber can kill it dead the temeperature barrier they just dont like it we had a good day yesterday uptiding down off robinhoods bay so lets see what today brings might take the camera with me today.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg