Wind Turbines!

Dave B

I still wonder if we'll be allowed near wind turbines. If they don't get us with some 'conservation' restriction, I bet they'll find something terrorist-related to keep us away!

I love the idea of wind farms......nice, clean energy.......but I have the same fears as elton.....will these sructures get declared vital to national intrest and have an exclusion zone around them???

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

Well done to the RYA for doing something about it. It's scary to think what may have happened had they not. It's just a shame that they will be having to spend som much resource going up against huge energy companies. This is just the start.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have a strange feeling that sales of radar reflectors to the boat angling fraternity will be nosedive over the next few years.

Personally, I keep meaning to buy a couple for our boats, but for some strange reason I always stop short of making the purchase. I always spend the saved money on carrots to improve my night vision, and a few quids worth of fuel to hone my nocturnal navigation skills at pursuit speeds. ;)

I am in constant contact with the developers of this wind farm, unlike other sites they assure me that they will not build on the banks, all turbines will be in the deep water and there are no plans to ban commercial fishing or angling with in the sites.

That makes sense, banks are not stable much better on bed rock. Mind you once the fish wise up I bet they move in to the wind farm with all those structures. :o

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Dr Susie Tomson, the RYA's planning and environmental advisor explained: "Creating a safety zone that excludes navigation interferes with the right of innocent passage as defined under the International Law of the Sea. The RYA considers any proposal to interfere with this right seriously and will only support such an application where the necessity to do so is clearly demonstrated,"

Instead, there is to be a weaker Advisory Zone established, also of 50-metres from each turbine, for vessels less than 24 metres. The RYA said last week that Greater Gabbard Offshore Winds Ltd had accepted that small craft - those under 24 metres in length - pose less risk to the wind turbines, and had therefore agreed to the advisory zone proposal.

The Royal Yachting Association said on Thursday that it would be responding to all future applications for Safety Zones, reviewing each on a "case by case basis".

Which clearly demonstrates the difference between the RYA and the organisations that purport to "speak for all anglers".

What has the AT done about proposed exclusion zones around wind farms ?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...