Rixton clay pits

Guest Big G

Big G:

They shouldnt shut the rivers as well - I think its barmy! Its like somebody having a bad car crash on a country lane and then shutting the M25!!     :cool:  

Agreed if they shut one River they should them all they all link to each other some how ,and some anglers fish north and south water.As far as am aware the problam only affects Tench and Carp.

[ 25. June 2005, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: chris mc ]

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazyhazy

Have you ever heard of spring mortality syndrome before? In my 37 years on this planet 25 of them as an angler its a first for me!

Big G:

Have you ever heard of spring mortality syndrome before? In my 37 years on this planet 25 of them as an angler its a first for me!

To tell you the truth Big G, I’m really lacking in experience as far as disease are concerned.Am just passing as much info as i've been told on as i can.

Guest crazyhazy

I know mate your help as i said earlier is A1. It was a sarcastic jab at these idiots who work in offices and invent all these crap new names for imaginary things! Can you imagine how we would have gone one in the first and second world war with some of these people today? Some of them worked round the clock making ammunition etc, can you imagine the consequences had somebody turned round and said "stop you cant carry on theres a risk of vibration white finger" some people talk through there a**e

[ 25. June 2005, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Big G ]

Big G:

I know mate your help as i said earlier is A1. It was a sarcastic jab at these idiots who work in offices and invent all these crap new names for imaginary things! Can you imagine how we would have gone one in the first and second world war with some of these people today? Some of them worked round the clock making ammunition etc, can you imagine the consequences had somebody turned round and said "stop you cant carry on theres a risk of vibration white finger" some people talk through there a**e

I agree with you Big G, but this diseases that’s supposedly about is meant to be very deadly, so personally I support the closer of the lakes etc, as a weekends fishing lost could be a life times fishing kept.Hopefully it will all be sorted soon.I agree some things are just over the top,but i have a feeling this one is seriouse.

[ 25. June 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: chris mc ]

Here and down the page a bit

quote:

‘Infectious agent’ thought to be responsible for carp deaths

Initial findings from a study into unexplained carp deaths suggest an unidentified virus or bacteria is involved.

Early lab tests, carried out by the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (CEFAS), support the Environment Agency’s theory that Spring Carp Mortality Syndrome (SCMS) is sparked by an infectious agent.

Further tests are now planned, with in-roads into the mystery condition expected later this summer.

The Agency’s National Fisheries Laboratory Manager Sarah Chare said: “Although in their early stages, the experiments being carried out on our behalf by CEFAS have taken us a step further in showing SCMS to be caused by an infectious agent. .....

A google search for Spring Carp Mortality Syndrome turned up a little over 5000 hits.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest crazyhazy

A google search on vibration white finger turned up a little more than 201000 hits but we all know what we think over here about that - in the states its probably known as vibration white huge finger :)

Official line from The WAA seceratary,

Emergency Fishery Closures.

There has for some weeks been a problem with fish deaths emanating from the River Weaver and adjacent pools in the Winsford area.

This appears to have caused an outbreak and rapid spread of an infection that is killing carp in great numbers.

The Environment Agency has sent samples to their laboratory at Brampton which has consequently discounted parasitic problems and forwarded samples to the CEFAS for microbiological investigations.

Lymm AC, Middlewhich, and Northwich AA have now closed their carp fisheries in the area of infection.

Whilst we are awaiting the CEFAS report we have initially closed the following fisheries as a precautionary measure:-

Sandiway Lakes

Cicily Mill Pool

Moore Quarry

Grey Mist Mere

Rixton Claypits

This will be reviewed at a special committee meeting this week. In the meantime we would ask members to thoroughly dry all nets before visiting any fishery.

Frank Lythgoe

Hon Sec.

Tradman