Rixton clay pits

Guest Big G

Guest crazyhazy

Like I said a couple of days ago Wendy you would think at least the website was up to date for instances such as this one eh?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham there was a big problem with regards the website because people like me used to go on and ask questions and be told 'speak to the secretary'.

I asked why they couldn't have a section for WAA members only so we could discuss things openly. The reply I got was along the lines of it's too much work, too much time.

Wendy

Guest crazyhazy

As you and I know an association as big as Warrington should update their website at least once a week! Its still telling you Astle pool at Chelford is available to fish (which i think I mentioned earlier) it doesnt take a rocket scientist to mention these closures on the homepage at least! Do you agree?

Agree wholeheartedly but from what I gather the website has been frozen since shutting the forum down.

Like you being some distance away, the website was my only way of knowing what was going on within WAA. Having three kids I can't drag them to meetings and talking to some anglers on the bank you get the old chinese whispers.

I didn't even know there was a problem at Winsford when I booked to nightfish Sandiway or I wouldn't have bothered.

Wendy

In answer to your original post I've had a lot of tench around the 3-4lb mark and some lovely cru's upto 2lb 1oz. All my tench bar one have been male so there should be a fare few bigger females in there. Haven't personally seen any of the carp in there but haven't nightfished it yet.

It gets extremely busy and pegs can be limited. We turned up for 6am a couple of times and only found three vacant pegs.

You have to bare in mind it is a clay pit so be prepared to take most of the clay home with you if its a wet day :D

Wendy

Big G:

I bet you were gutted when asked to leave! Do you ever fish the rivers?

fished the Dane without success it was way too low. Had a few roach and Dace out the Mersey. Went to see a couple more stretches without success as I don't own a scythe :rolleyes:

I'm really gutted because we could have spent the saturday night on the Ribble

:mad:

Wendy

Guest crazyhazy

Going to give it a bash when it re-opens! but for now im on the rivers which is my first love. Starting with a trip to the Severn next weekend. Oooh I cant wait all them lovely Barbel

Guest crazyhazy

Yeah I havent fished the Ribble for 20 years fell in love with the Severn and the Teme! Fancy a "fling" with the Ribble though for a change :cool:

[ 27. June 2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Big G ]