Furled Leaders

Sportsman

Whew!!! Glad to hear that since I know zero about furled leaders and nearly that about fly fishing in general. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt, they do sound very good. Sorry, one final question, do the float/sink/neutral buoyancy? i.e. are they just meant to be used in conjunction with floating lines or can they be used with intermediate/sinking lines also? From what I've read it seems floating lines are the most appropriate so I assume that is because they float also.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

All the braid I've ever used floats unless it has something woven in with it to make it heavy which isn't likely in this case so my bet would be that they float.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

They float if you grease 'em. If you don't, if they're made out of tying silk and mono they float when they are dry but eventually absorb water and sink. Haven't tried them made out of just mono yet.

Thanks for the useful replies!

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables