D-Spool Line Stripper

Anglers' Net

Yes Ive noticed the Berkely ones now have the pencil batteries rather than the "vibrator" size ones.Cant speak for the new ones but cant fault the originals.First started using on in the 80's when I was into tournament casting but soon found it invaluable for as Anderoo says the bi seasonal strip!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I don't bother changeing my line after every season just for the sake of it....why waste good line ? Mono lasts for years if it isn't left in direct sunlight, or it should do. It's easy to just test it's breaking strain if it looks a bit dodgy. I find myself changing mono in the lower breaking strains more often than I do the heavier strains.

It's a fair point Tigger, I did look at some spools that I hardly used and thought, should I just leave it? I suppose it's just an annual tradition for me, getting rid of last season and getting everything all shiney and new for the new one!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

What a waste of money, the berkley ones not much better. this is all you need http://amelia-island-fishing.com/fishing/t...%20stripper.cfm

Hi Tagnut69,

Your line stripper link is simply excellent, talk of using surgical blades to remove line from tightly wound spools concerns me. One slip and the claret will be pumping out.

Couple of things to add, by winding old line from one full spool to a spare identical spool you are then using the new end with the old end as backing (tip for the cheap skates), Spools can be mounted in a drill by using a cut down plastic hook disgorger, the very cheap ones. The thickness is perfect to fit into the back of shimano spools. Then you can use your left hand as a line guide while winding the line using the drill. Need to avoid line twist when spooling.

Jeff

I also don't think I'd risk using a sharp blade to cut line off a spool, I'm bound to either nick the spool or slice my finger off :o

I wouldn't reverse my line either, just because after a season of being tightly wound onto the spool it's all curly and crinkled at the spool end.

Sensor's less than £7 for about 1000yds so I just put all new line on :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I wouldn't reverse my line either, just because after a season of being tightly wound onto the spool it's all curly and crinkled at the spool end.

Sensor's less than £7 for about 1000yds so I just put all new line on :)

Only line I reverse is braid.

Never been able to understand why so many anglers scrimp on such an important part of your tackle. Gadly lay on their £200 bed chairs looking at their £200 reels on the four matching £300 rods but dont want to change their £7 line!

Never been able to understand why so many anglers scrimp on such an important part of your tackle. Gadly lay on their £200 bed chairs looking at their £200 reels on the four matching £300 rods but dont want to change their £7 line!

Or if it's blunt, their 35p hook :rolleyes:

But they're happy enough to dump a £1.50 lead every time they get a take :D

The only line I reverse is DT fly lines but now I have braid on my pin I might swap that round one day.

I agree if the lines spent it's time to change it but not just as an annual event for the start of a new season. If the lines not been hammerd it's just a pointless exercise whatever the price.

I agree if the lines spent it's time to change it but not just as an annual event for the start of a new season. If the lines not been hammerd it's just a pointless exercise whatever the price.

Oh yes definately daft if its not needed.

I was thinking more of people I see who go out carping all summer then piking all winter with the same 15lb line!