Out This Week

Elton

I'm out with Leon a nice late start 06:00 I hope Steve puts the sausage sarnies on early.

I am fishing for hounds but expect doggies.

Out on a wrecking trip over the late Spring Holiday from Exmouth; Sue will be coming along as well so we are only doing a half day charter.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fishing for hounds but expect doggies.

Heard of at least one boat that had a good catch of hounds up to over 12lb at the weekend, over on the Essex side. :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yer it was, shame we didn't enter the whitby comp we'de have cracked it. :lol:

http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/2010-spring-results/

We were algied to death barry :headhurt: : thats why the results were crap plenty of these fish were flying aboard just before that green murk kicked in darent put pictures of fish boxes in case somebody shoots me. :(

january2010004.jpg;)

Last year the water was crystall in the compettion completly different conditions in this years spring festival this fish was taken on my boat in last years competiton on a wreck 4.2 miles from the shore it just nudged 16lb.

big-cdo1.jpg

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1cod.jpg

My brother Russ holding the first fish of the day.

2cod.jpg

Yours truly clutching a fine 12lb'er using my trademark two finger pose.

3cod.jpg

Russ strikes back by catching its twin.

4cod.jpg

Elton leads the rearguard action.

5cod.jpg

Barry Luxton sneaks a fish out from the port side.

6cod.jpg

A good one at 14 3/4lb.

7cod.jpg

Wurzel shows us how the pros do it.

8cod.jpg

We caught him shoveling squid down it's gullet in an effort to beat Barry's 14 3/4lb benchmark.

9cod.jpg

Brother Russ kept a steady flow of fish coming over the port side gunnel.

10cod.jpg

One of the many instances of synchronised codding going on. Best being three rods bent at the same time, an another left banging away awaiting attention.

11cod.jpg

The magic levitating cod.

12cod.jpg

Hang on, Barry's in trouble. When a 'big' fish took off downtide, he was left calling for someone to cut the anchor free and go after it.

13cod.jpg

Elton gets ready to net the 'leviathan' that Barry assured us was coming.

14cod.jpg

Despite repeated warnings concerning the validity of Barry's claims.....the Kent supremo paid no heed. The revelation of a side hooked cod kept him quiet for ten minutes or so. :D

15cod.jpg

Despite the very best practices in fish welfare being adhered to (barbless circle hooks, wet unhooking mat and antiseptic spray) it did nothing to save this one. We cried, said a prayer, and laid him to rest in a fish box.

16cod.jpg

Barry starts talking again. :P

17cod.jpg

Everyone's a winner!

You know something peter your old mate derek purves said you werent to bad at your jod bit he did say you often got lucky ;) nice to see you put the lads on the fish 2 of our local trawlers are comeing back down your way on monday we,ve got the clear water now they need the murk plus they did well lasttime they came down.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

Big Cod

We will be lucky to see Cod like those tomorrow but there are some decent Hounds coming out of the estuary at the moment and they hang on, especially on 1-6oz up-tide gear.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Big Cod

We will be lucky to see Cod like those tomorrow but there are some decent Hounds coming out of the estuary at the moment and they hang on, especially on 1-6oz up-tide gear.

Tony

Sounds like good sport tony i wish you luck we have more or less got rid our algie bloom so tommorow should be very happy days fingers crossed.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg