Booze-ups, breweries, and the EA

Vagabond

Tend to agree with Vagabond on this one apart from the fact that most of us will still have to renew at much the same time
Good point Vic, and for the first year or two that might well be true.

However, there would come a gradual split as trout fishers renewed in March/April, but coarse fishers might tend to leave it till June.

Also, new anglers might join at any time of the year, so there would be a further spread due to that factor over the years, as older anglers faded out of the picture.

It should also be possible to set up a direct debit automatic annual renewal - it would free us oldies from the possible nightmare of forgetting to renew our licences.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

It should also be possible to set up a direct debit automatic annual renewal - it would free us oldies from the possible nightmare of forgetting to renew our licences.

You can set up direct debit, see http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...hing/38073.aspx.

I've been using that since it was trialed in the East Midlands quite a few years ago.

There's more

Norma applied for a licence via the P.O on Monday - it arrived today (Thurs)

Still no sign of mine and its now 21 days since I applied.

Rang EA headquarters at Rotherham and was told all applications between 25th and 29th March "have not gone out yet" Got a promise that they would be posted next Monday. At least the very helpful young lady who answered the phone confirmed that I was on a list recorded as having paid, so I am not lost in the system (yet)

Learnt there are some folk even worse off - those that applied on line and paid during the run-up to the crash of the website won't get a licence - they must reapply and pay again (but will eventually get a refund of one of their payments)

That is not a new problem. I know of someone that happened to last year - he had to pay twice, but finished up by getting his licence and TWO refunds!

Thanks Wicker Dave re direct debit, I'll look into that for next year.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

You can set up direct debit, see http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...hing/38073.aspx.

I've been using that since it was trialed in the East Midlands quite a few years ago.

Many thanks for the information I will be using it next year if it gets up and running.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God