How many different rods?

Newt

andy,

what them drennan deadbait rods like?

was thinking of getting a pair.i like the look of them,what about action/playing fish?

was looking at them or the fox ones. piker?

paul mc-technium,i was going for the medium,stilll might as ill have interchangeable tips then.!

[ 13. July 2005, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell, the Drennan deadbait are the older version of the newer ones these rod, and it is very good in the way of playing the fish and the action is beautiful.

At one time Drennan stop making them for a few years to improve their market for the feeder rods and carp commercials rods.ie. DXR range method feeder and carp float rods

Drennan brought these rods out again last year but they updated the Test curve rating which I understand is at 3lbs, but I can't really comment on what their action is like when playing a pike in the water.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

cheers andy,

there not the e-sox ones then, the old skool ones they are.

if theer anything like the other drennans i have seen in use they will be pukka.

cheers mate

AKA RATTY

I forget to mention that Drennan also did a Pike float version which was 2 1/4lb TC and I think these new e-sox ones are 2 1/2lb TC.

Ratty, If we ever get a chance to meet up again I will show these rods and you will see what I mean then!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

yeah i see the float one,i remeber now you mention it,now that is a bit of me on the river,i use floats 90% of the time on the river,i am a tart i unashamedly admit i want a "name" rod!

the foxs ones are nice, but theres summit about drennan gear... it smells of quality.

definetly mate,if we do meet up again i'd love to have a look,never know it might be on a piking one too!

thinking of getting em as they would be usefull for zander too.(my current mission!)

[ 13. July 2005, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Ratty Fitzpatrick46 ]

AKA RATTY

I have-

3 unbranded carp rods,

1 13ft match rod (daiwa i think),

1 12ft Mitchell feeder rod,

1 6ft telescopic spinning rod for holidays,

1 beachcaster that doubles up as a spod rod,

a pike rod that is used as a marker rod and a 6 metre whip.

Most of my rods ive pinched of my dad as he doesnt fish anymore. :D:D:D

I have two Drennan Pike Float rods, gorgeous, Ratty, they really are. Absolutely the doodahs!And they reek of quality!! Hardly ever use mine now but might be great for zander as well, even the odd nuisance carp. You'd love 'em mate :D , you really would! Wonder what they would be worth now , arm and a leg probably, especially after that heartfelt write-up!!

i got

2x carp rods

1xfeeder rod

1xmatch rod

1x 12.5m pole ( .)

1x14.5m pole ( not rods i know :) )

1x8m margin pole( .)

3x beachcasters

[ 15. July 2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: edd ]