Whins pond,Penrith

wellyphant

Can anyone please give me some info on Whins pond in Penrith,,,i'm undergoing a course of physio therapy in Penrith and get an afternoon off next week,,,fancied giving it a try,,cheers.

Don't know anything about the pond but how did your op go ? Hope it went well.

• 3 months later...
Can anyone please give me some info on Whins pond in Penrith,,,i'm undergoing a course of physio therapy in Penrith and get an afternoon off next week,,,fancied giving it a try,,cheers.

You going for the 'treatment' at Jubilee house? I was there a few years ago, not bad.

Did you do ok at Whins? you might have liked to try Ullswater in April, real wild fishin'.

I plan to have a try at Whins for the fiesr time this week.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

You going for the 'treatment' at Jubilee house? I was there a few years ago, not bad.

Did you do ok at Whins? you might have liked to try Ullswater in April, real wild fishin'.

I plan to have a try at Whins for the fiesr time this week.

Yes Emma,went for the treatment..I fished Whins for about 5 hours,fished til dusk.I must say this could be a cracking water if it weren't full of tiny silvers.I did manage on decent bream,a small tench and lost a carp.

I think you might find it really frustrating,,there are far too many 'bits' in there and not enough predators.

I will be fishing Ullswater soon,i fish from the bank of the campsite i normally stay at for trout and perch...

Good luck at whins :thumbs:

Yes Emma,went for the treatment..I fished Whins for about 5 hours,fished til dusk.I must say this could be a cracking water if it weren't full of tiny silvers.I did manage on decent bream,a small tench and lost a carp.

I think you might find it really frustrating,,there are far too many 'bits' in there and not enough predators.

I will be fishing Ullswater soon,i fish from the bank of the campsite i normally stay at for trout and perch...

Good luck at whins :thumbs:

Thanks for the reply. I shall give it a go anyway, I need a change of fishing scenery at least for a session or two. I plan to feeder fish it with worms/sweetcorn so that may put off the very small stuff, and perhaps have a carp rig out too, just to see, I find it difficult to get excited about carp, but manage a couple of 'em most summers.

Shore fishing on Ullswater can be fun, there are some good stripeys in there, but they are a bit hit and miss amongst the six inchers. Minnows abound in the shallows and make great bait, just don't get caught using them.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

No help on the topic but Emma - it's nice to see you posting again.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President