One Centrepin Reel

BobH

Only thing I wish now, I should have got a couple of spare spools, so I don't have to keep changing the line :D

Bob

I saw two spare spools, brand new and boxed on ebay a while back and made the seller an offer of £50 for the pair which they agreed to ! I finnished up giving one to a friend and kept one for myself.

To be honest I've never got round to using it yet and i know my friend hasn't :rolleyes: .

I must addmitt I don't find the purist heavy at all....Chris don't be going Limp wristed on us now matey !!! ;):lol:

If I was to go on pure usability

You better sit down Ian, Ive got some bad news.

If?

Their fishing reels, you use them for fishing. :D

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

You better sit down Ian, Ive got some bad news.If?

Their fishing reels, you use them for fishing. :D

Yeah I know Brian but it's nice to have a few and have a choice of which to use. Some days I like to use one reel then on another day I like to have a change and use a different one, much the same as with rods. I like to use them for fishing but I like to look at them like you would ornaments also, so for me they serve two purposes B)

Obviously if you just want a pure workhorse then the okumas are reasnably priced and do the job very well indeed so no need for more than one pin.....but Brian...why have you now got two pins, and one of them has cost you a pretty penny n'all :rolleyes::lol:

Also why go buying fancy match rods when you could have made do with your old ones....your slipping on the slope I'm afraid ...fancy rucksacks n'all...a tackletart is sprouting :lol:;)

Yeah I know Brian but it's nice to have a few and have a choice of which to use. Some days I like to use one reel then on another day I like to have a change and use a different one, much the same as with rods. I like to use them for fishing but I like to look at them like you would ornaments also, so for me they serve two purposes B)

Obviously if you just want a pure workhorse then the okumas are reasnably priced and do the job very well indeed so no need for more than one pin.....but Brian...why have you now got two pins, and one of them has cost you a pretty penny n'all :rolleyes::lol:

Also why go buying fancy match rods when you could have made do with your old ones....your slipping on the slope I'm afraid ...fancy rucksacks n'all...a tackletart is sprouting :lol:;)

Now now the bag was needed, the old had died and you forgot the new waders, but my old ones were water cooled.

I'll hold my hand up to the rod and reel as i could happily have fished with out them. But "tackletart"? Me? Never. I'm way to tight for that. :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Now now the bag was needed, the old had died and you forgot the new waders, but my old ones were water cooled.

I'll hold my hand up to the rod and reel as i could happily have fished with out them. But "tackletart"? Me? Never. I'm way to tight for that. :lol:

Narrh, that old bag was still ok, all it needed was sewing up here and there and fumigating as I think it may have contained several unknown strains of superbug :o:lol:

I'm sorry Brian, all those fancy handmade floats etc...your in denial....your going into a tackletart :P:lol:

Out of the reels I have got it would be the BJ Lightweight. If the allcocks match ariel was a wider spool and ventilated drum i.e. like the Bj then this would win for its smoothness and plain bearings. However, I love them all for different reasons if only one reel for small rivers then it would be the grey's Bewick. least favourite is the Purist which really is a heavy version of the b.j. and spools are interchangeable.

However my first choice may change if the Chris Lythe scotton long trotter / ajp delux ever comes.