Clown Loached vanished ina small 20l tank?

ZenMaster

I got two good sizes clown loaches to help with a snail problem but I only see one every now and then.

Its a small 20l tand with a hollow log and a small cave (stacked stones with a small hole) and I never see them.

Do they really hide this much or do I have twlight zone tank?

To follow on a bit from Steve's post, in my opinion your tank is way too small for Clown Loaches. You really need 5 or 6 of them before they are going to be happy, and adult clown loaches can easily grow to be 10 inches long. They live in fast moving mountain streams so they will appreciate a tank with a good power head and heavy planting. The fact that your Clowns are hiding all the time is a good indication that they are stressed and not happy with there environment.

In a nutshell clown loaches are not a suitable tank for snail control in a small aquaurium. You really need 60 gallons plus for clowns. Some of the Indian loaches of the genus Botia would be better, but I till think that 20 gallons is too small a tank for most loaches.

Watch out for their spines, most loaches have a pair of retractable razor sharp spines, just under each eye socket.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I only see oe at a time now.

I need a bigger tank before I put any more in.

More bloody expenses. :wallbash:

Yes, you need at least 60 gallons. 20 litres is way too small.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Yes, you need at least 60 gallons. 20 litres is way too small.

Thanks, I will go to pets at home and get a good one. I will keep the 20 litre for the plec to have to himself.

Also, I am H4eafy on s3 on travian.

How did you get that thing for your signature?

Thanks, I will go to pets at home and get a good one. I will keep the 20 litre for the plec to have to himself.

Also, I am H4eafy on s3 on travian.

How did you get that thing for your signature?

Your pleco will like that, and your clowns will just love their new home.

Visit http://travian-utils.com/ to get your Travian signature.

Welcome to AN BTW.