closed season dodgers

awaaar

If any of you are reading this, been in touch with my local EA officer, who has arranged to meet me on the banks of my local river tonight, along with the catchment bailiff....

I hope you are there again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

There were a couple of idiots fishing for chub on a little stretch of the waveney at the weekend :mad: :mad: When i told them what i though of people who blatently flount the closed season i got a tirade of abuse and it looked like it would turn nasty until they noticed my four mates emerging from the wood behind me :D .

They promptly packed up and left :D .

I also took their number plate and reported them.

Hope you caught them awaaar.

[ 20. May 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Lee-sox ]

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I agree with the reasons behind the closed season and haven't fished my local stretch because of it. Tonight on my way home I noticed someone fishing within sight of a road - a tributary of the Nidd. Not happy about it to say the least but some piscatorials actually allow spinning on the rivers during the close season.

For what it's worth I hope they got caught. If it had been me I surely would have. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Tis true that the Trout & Salmon boys are allowed to play in the close season. I've often found some good spots when chucking fluff in May. I spotted a nice Barbel the other day & next time might chuck a few freebies in ready for the 16th!

Go on get a fly rod out - you know its dirty & you want it!

Re: 'proper close season dodgers' absolutly no excuse for such action - probably did'nt have licences either.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

toggle:

Tis true that the Trout & Salmon boys are allowed to play in the close season. I've often found some good spots when chucking fluff in May. I spotted a nice Barbel the other day & next time might chuck a few freebies in ready for the 16th!

Go on get a fly rod out - you know its dirty & you want it!

Re: 'proper close season dodgers' absolutly no excuse for such action - probably did'nt have licences either.

they dont play in the close season, they just have a different close season.......

not wanting to stir up any trouble (i'd change my name to winter if i was going to do that) but isnt the close season anachronistic and irrelevant in the 21st century? i'll observe it as long as its law, but why is it the law?

Yes Jeepster, seems a bit old fashioned. My local club still closes all its lakes!

But having seen the bashing some of the banks (and fish!) get It would seem a good idea to let them recover in the spring.

I go down the beach or get the fly rod out and find 'a change is as good as a rest' - makes me super keen once the 16th comes around (lasts till I blank twice!)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

PS. I've caught chub and pike on the fly when 'fluff chucking' in the coarse close season - that do'nt make me a 'close season dodger' do it?