CARP FISHING

quickfinger

quickfinger

I don’t apologises if my first post in answer to your thread upset you or anyone’s sensibilities, it was meant as a gentle warning based upon my own experiences on forums. I told you honestly the way it is on forums with no punches pulled, pity you could not take it like an adult, going by the lack of response you have had I would say it is quite likely some others thought the same but lacked the spine to tell you.

I am honest, straightforward and straight talking, perhaps it’s a little hard and too close to reality for those who subscribe to the ‘Nanny state and its ideas and wishy washy attitudes’.

However, I also try to be helpful and will give the best advice I can and advice that is genuinely intended to help or point people in the direction that they can get help and I always try very hard to be totally fair and honest. Although I will admit if I muck up and I am man enough to apologise and accept if I am wrong, that does not mean I intend to play suck up as some do on here nor do I offer consolation or a shoulder to cry on.

The pity here is that many only pick out the tiny parts that upset their soft and gentle sensibilities rather than actually reading the post in its entirety.

I noticed a sadness, a desperation and an anxiousness in your post, along with considerable anger. Sadly for you I was the only (at that time) person who had the decency and manners to bother to reply to your post. I am surprised an international fly fisher has such delicate sensibilities, you should have considered that and adjusted your thread accordingly. I am far from being the most gentle, forelock tugging, fawning, sweet or sucking up, mamby pamby, wishy washy, easily impressed sort of guy you were perhaps hoping for.

Incidentally I do not think I nor anyone else is the king of this or any forum. But if you or anyone cant take being spoken to in a straightforward way then perhaps the internet is not the best of options, perhaps life isn’t either.

However my post and the responses have at least increased the number of forum members who have bothered to read your thread and actually answer you, not that they have been able to help you, they have been too busy soothing you, although I am certain they and the very many members on this forum will have tried to assist you if they could, because there are many good, kind and helpful members.

I will suggest again you get to know people in your nearest tackle shop, at the venues you fish, you should also consider posting another thread on the Session Carp Fishing, as I think you will have a lot more luck there. Due to the fact that it is full of guys who chase the Carp on both short and long sessions.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi relax and calm down,

I welcome you to the coarse fishing forum of Anglers Net

I live a little way away from you 249 miles according to Google another small point I don't fish for Carp except Crucian Carp.

Now before you climb up your own rear there are a few small forum etiquette points, we tend to only use bold type or block capitals making a point, in a joke or at odd times during an argument, but I've never seen it before because nobody replied within a day or so.

I can however understand your frustration at not being answered if this is your second thread and the first was not answered at all, perhaps you forgot what yesterday was, the first day of the season for many anglers, so many would be less likely to be on. I thought patience was a virtue when fishing, perhaps you need to develop some or to increase the level of patience you are displaying.

There is also a special forum for session carp anglers.

Nobody really cares if you are an ex-anything on here unless you have something positive to contribute and are passing on your knowledge, expertise and experience which I am sure we would all be grateful for. Knowledge, expertise and experience go a long way on this forum as opposed to rash bland statements and tantrums.

Fishing buddies are great but a true angler although appreciating and enjoying having a fishing buddy does not actually need one. However to just pop up when nobody knows you from Adam or Eve and say you want a fishing buddy is coming on a bit strong, I would have thought your best bet would have been to get to know the Carp anglers in your nearest tackle shop or at your nearest Carp venue...but there again I am not a Carp angler these days.

But enough of me getting on my high horse... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: Sorry as you probably have not read many other posts but the triple 'roll on the floor laughing is sort of an adopted signature of mine and as others can tell you I do get on a high horse too often.

However perhaps in my humble way I can help, the guys and girls on here need to get to know you and the type of fishing you do. Just saying Session Carp is for me simply something to ignore as the Carp anglers on here and I often cross words...but without any (on my part) lasting ill feeling.

I am verbose and fanatical and perhaps a little (stop laughing BUDGIE) crazy. I am also a little older than you, I honestly wish you luck in your search for a fishing buddy. Just consider though not your own loss and panic but also some stranger coming and shouting in your garden 'I want a fishing buddy.' or 'I am Mister got it all come fishing with me.' because that is exactly what you have just done. Get to know people develop a relationship then perhaps who knows maybe you might even get the beginnings of a buddy.

Well. Thanks for all your help Mr Toad , it appears your arrogance is only superceded by your ignorance and bad manners.

I think you'll find the rest of us more welcoming!

We're very accommodating on here...jeez, we even have women that fish!

Janet

Hey Janet,

"You even have women that fish"!! Tell me about it! I'd like a pound for every women I fished against in competition that beat me. I'd buy a new car. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your welcome.

Jesus, if I'd have had that kind of 'welcome' to AN I'd have left immediately.

Anyway, Quickfinger it's always worth posting on the coarse forum, as it get far higher use than the carp one.

And there is an 'ignore' funtion to block out the madness, should you wish to use it.

PS we organise 'fish-ins' throughout the year where anyone is free to meet up and have a day's fishing together (usually somewhere a bit special) so keep an eye out for those :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Jesus, if I'd have had that kind of 'welcome' to AN I'd have left immediately.

Anyway, Quickfinger it's always worth posting on the coarse forum, as it get far higher use than the carp one.

And there is an 'ignore' funtion to block out the madness, should you wish to use it.

PS we organise 'fish-ins' throughout the year where anyone is free to meet up and have a day's fishing together (usually somewhere a bit special) so keep an eye out for those :)

Anderoo, Thank you kindly my friend I may well take you up on that.

As for the welcome I got , I find it quite sad that a perfectly normal request in my view recieved such a reply.

I came here with good intentions but Mr Toad seems to have a bee in his bonnet and wont let it go as you will see from his latest answer suuggesting I am desperate etc.

I shall just let him carry on as he is making a complete fool of himself , he is probably behind with his homework or something.

He seems to in the minority so he can carry on as far as Im concerned.

He seems to in the minority so he can carry on as far as Im concerned.

He is and he does.

I'd love to fish a few sessions with you but you'd need to travel and it might be a bit far.

Great waters and the carp are mostly uncaught commons though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Budgie that would be very helpful.

Well, although I am unable to help you, I feel that I do want to reply and assure you that there are few of us who would treat you the way you have been treated. I have been associated with this site longer than most and I can assure you that our policy has always been one of helping if we can. As you are already learning most of us are pretty friendly and I am sure that you will get help if any help is available.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Well, although I am unable to help you, I feel that I do want to reply and assure you that there are few of us who would treat you the way you have been treated. I have been associated with this site longer than most and I can assure you that our policy has always been one of helping if we can. As you are already learning most of us are pretty friendly and I am sure that you will get help if any help is available.

Thank you Chevin for your words. Dont worry, the only bad responses are from The Toad Man, there is always a fly in the ointment and, whilst he is being obnoxious, everyone else without exception has been welcoming he obviousley craves attention.

Thanks again.