Prologic quick release connectors

Andy Macfarlane

Good to see all your comments and thanks for your feedback.

Hi Chavender and you dead right to lastest 'new spec. connectors are far superior fit and finish. Took a bit of badgering to get the manufacturers to alter and finally get to my following my technical specification to the letter.

But at last I can be proud of the finished item and am pleased that anglers are getting the quality they deserve.

Chav. are you coming to the next TF match at the Glebe in Sept.?

Best fishes to all

Nick Palmer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as becoming "loose" some of my original ones now "seize up" and you can’t release them! Just end up having to unscrew them thus defeating the whole point! Really got to chuck the lot in the bin as they are now so unreliable.

Andrew gave me one of his new "blue" ones and it does seem a bit better. Will give my verdict next year!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Budgie, I am the inventor but, untill these 'new spec' blue ones, I had no ability to influence what materials or the fit and finish of the connectors

The very early ones ones had, unfortunately, a part fitted inside that was causing this seizing problem. Also the indentations were to large causing play and one also due to this they could break through from one indentation to the next. The blue 'Proligic' ones have the correct size of indentation and upgraded assembly parts overcoming both these problems.

Budgie, although all this was out of my control please accept my personnal apologies and you will find the new ones are 'a completely different kettle of fish'.

Small connectors have been designed for non-load bearing items, specifically bite alarms, Medium (original size) for all general use for all coarse accessories and the Large for the bigger handles/bigger banksticks and some prefer the Large on their keepnets.

You can see these clearly on my www.cleverclaw.com site

Best fishes

Nick Palmer

Budgie, although all this was out of my control please accept my personnal apologies and you will find the new ones are 'a completely different kettle of fish'.

Best fishes

Nick Palmer

No need to apologise Nick! When I first got some to try it was the "idea" that sold the product to me.Whilst working they were invaluable (obviously when they started to play up they became a pain!) but I didnt think they would last as long as they did.I hope the new ones have overcome the small problems as you say.

As one of the guys said though even for a years use they are worth it,its just that Im (dont think tights the word!) loathe to replace things and end up cleaning,fiddling with,"mending" things when really it would be better to replace them!

Great to see some one taking this sort of interest in their product.Hope I can give a better report next year for the "blue ones"! Nick shame you dont do any matt black ones for us "ultracult" boys! mind you I suppose these days people would want Realtree!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

MrMatthew, The Large are are 1/3 bigger on all the diameter diamensions whilst still the same lenght so ineffect a third stronger although I have only landed a 12 pounder there have been others landing 20 plus and that was with the medium connectors.

Budgie, thanks for your comments and you will find the 'new spec' blue colur connectors far superior to the earlier connectors.