What Have I Done?

Elton

Blimey! Those batteries sound cheap!! I do have a couple of spares but as I recall from the shop Dad got them from they were £12+?? Would it have been Chapmans?? Certain it began with a "C" and it is a high street store?

Just to come in on this with a question. I bought some Macro lenses myself and got a FREE lens thing which is like a hood? it sort of like the first picture of Eltons but with bits missing from the sides?? What do they actually do? Looks like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/58mm-lens-hood-UV-fi...=item2eaef7bc76

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Elton,

Yes the ET-60 hood first on your list is the correct one specified by Canon for your lens and the price is not bad, you could get a copy from China for less, but the quality is very poor indeed.

I would not recommend any liquid cleaning for lens glass, it always leaves marks, but a good micro fibre cloth like the one shown is great for lens glass and your camera windows and displays just breath on the glass and gently wipe.

I can not comment on batteries as I do not know what camera body you have.

Yes the cheap filter for fishing etc is a good idea that slime can make a mess of a lens. Lens cap well if you have one it is a bit of a luxury to buy another :)

I am a little concerned when you say your photo,s were tainted I do not like the sound of that, If you e-mail the photo file, not the compressed photo, attach the file to the e-mail of say three I will have a look and see if there is a problem.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

By 'tainted', I mean there was what professionals call 'some crap on the lens that obscured the picture'. :)

It was probably just salt spray, as I was on a beach :D

The other hood I mentioned will fit my 18-55mm lens.

I've got a Canon 300D.

Now off to order my bits :)

P.s. I know the lens caps are a bit of a luxury, as I already have two, but at a couple of quid each, those ones look funky :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OK then the other hood is fine for the lens, good luck and I still could not winkle some photo,s out of you. :D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

OK then the other hood is fine for the lens, good luck and I still could not winkle some photo,s out of you. :D

I hope to look at them tonight, as that Photobox offer ends and I want to see if any are worth printing for the kids. If there's anything of merit in there, I'll let you know :D

Just ordered a load of bits from 7DayShop. If the wife sees the bill, I'll give her your email :D

I'm also going to order another rear lens cover and a body cover, in case I need to dismantle the camera when travelling. At the moment, I have to take it everywhere with a lens attached. eBay will be my friend....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE