fines for no licences

Guest dave k

Guest happychef

i know this is going to annoy a few but the more i think about what kingfisher says the more i tend to agree with him,i think next year i'm going to try and go through a whole season without buying a licence just to see what happens,also i've never thought about eating carp but it's also bugging me to see how it tastes.

curious chef.

Kingfisher dont forget to buy your licence for the graylin fish-in

you never know who reads the BB's rolleyes.gif

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

ANMC Founder Member

[This message has been edited by dave k (edited 12 December 2001).]

Guest kingfisher
Originally posted by TheDacer:

Kingfisher,

I can't wait to see how you do it without a rod either..

See you at the Grayling day!

You must have heard about the Brummie way of charming the fish out of the water.

------------------

Joeseph King.:)

Still waiting for the big one.

Guest chesters1

unfortunatly fishing licencies and fishing have nothing to do with each other ,its just another way the government extracts money from their voiceless minions , after all if they had the fishes welfare uppermost you would have to pass a test the same as a car or bus etc.

more licence doggers mad.gif

Ten anglers were fined a total of £600 at Hereford Magistrates' Court yesterday (Tuesday) for fishing without a licence, contrary to section 27 of the Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Act, 1975. In addition each man was ordered to pay £55 towards the costs of the Environment Agency which brought the prosecutions. Two of the men had their rods and reels forfeited to the Agency.

Peter Montague Norman Barry of Derwenwas, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, fishing at Tillington Lake, Hereford on 20/7/01; Gareth Davies of Greenmeadow, Tredegar, Monmouthshire, fishing at Rotherwas Pool, Rotherwas, Hereford on 5/8/01; Richard Morris of 20, Lyall Close, Tupsley, Hereford, fishing the River Lugg at Lugg Mill Bridge on 15/8/01; Stephen Wesley Murray of White Horse Street, Whitecross, Hereford, fishing at Church Pool, Clehonger, Hereford on 6/8/01 were all fined £25.

Matthew Rhys Gasson of Tan-y-Fron, Llanvihangel Crucorney, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, fishing at Marsh House Fishery, Hereford on 29/5/01; Peter Maxwell of Runnes Close, Mitcham, Surrey, fishing at Docklow Pools, Leominster on 11/7/01 and Kevin Norman Reeves of Western Road, Mitcham, Surrey also fishing at Docklow Pools, Leominster on 11/7/01 were all fined £50.

Craig Martin Lane, The Unicorn Inn, Weobley, Herefordshire and Tracy Guy Sandford of Chapel Orchard, Weobley, Herefordshire, fishing at Tillington Lake, Hereford on 27/7/01; Terence Phillips of St. Vincent's Close, Lower Bullingham, Hereford, fishing at Church Pool, Clehonger, Hereford on 16/8/01 were all fined £100.

The court forfeited the tackle of Maxwell and Reeves and they were also fined and additional £25 for failing to state their name and address.

Speaking after the hearing an Agency spokesperson said: "An Environment Agency fishing licence is required to fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish and eels in all inland waters in England and Wales. A permit to fish, granted by the owner of the fishery is not a licence to fish, and a licence must be obtained before commencing fishing. Licences are available from all Post Offices and cannot be purchased from Fisheries Officers on the day of fishing. A licence must be produced when required to do so by a Fisheries Officer, or posted to the Agency within seven days of being requested to produce it. Failure to purchase or produce a licence or giving a false name and address to a Fisheries Officer will invariably result in a prosecution."

------------------

dave kennedy USSC Angling

ANMC Founder Member

Guest martyn357

I must add that in 30+ years of fishing I have never had my license checked. Yes I do purchase one on a yearly basis. As for not enough EA bailiffs to check licenses I am a club bailiff and as far as I am aware the only authority I have is to check for club membership books not EA licenses. However in saying that has anyone noticed on the back of their rod licence it states that the license should be produced to EA bailiffs on production of their warrant, police officers and to other anglers who show their license and ask to see yours (?)

------------------