Another 6lb chub today!

arbocop

Great result Mike, is catching 6lb Chub getting a bit tiresome yet? I'm sure all the pre-baiting I did for you Saturday morning helped....and the fact that I wasn't with you to jinx the session.

Chris you should start charging him a fee for not turning up to jinx the session ,kinda like fishing protection money....

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable fishing. Congrats! Good luck with the 7lb.

In response to the otter sighting, I'm sure we've all had the debate more than once but despite the large otter presence around here, the chub really do seem to be thriving in the upper rivers. Maybe otters don't like eating them?

Chris you should start charging him a fee for not turning up to jinx the session ,kinda like fishing protection money....

But then I'd be a wealthy non-angler. Mind you it might ensure that weather conditions for the next AN fish-in are more pleasant. I've been to three events and at each one the conditions couldn't have been much worse.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Great fish Mike, well done! N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

Well done Mike - I was out with my mate Paul on Saturday morning - probably not too far from where you were! ;) We started the morning with our first ever Kennet otter sighting - we both saw it very close up - in full view, on the bank - definitely an otter. Seen loads of mink in the past and this definitely wasn't a mink! Keep an eye out for it when your next down - it ranges far and wide - and has been seen more than once near Bulls Lock.

Anyways - Paul caught his first ever 6lb chub - having taken over 'my' swim - I only had a few hours spare before going off to athletics (my lads). Caught trotting too - he also contrived to lose a goodish barbel at the net!

Pic on my blog.

C.

Oddly, I saw what I thought was a cat on the other bank - maybe it wasn't. Blimey I'm excited now! It can't survive long, not for the lack of fish, just too many roads. Not hurt the fish stocks to date.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Great result Mike, is catching 6lb Chub getting a bit tiresome yet? I'm sure all the pre-baiting I did for you Saturday morning helped....and the fact that I wasn't with you to jinx the session.

Different stretch - it was the 'members only' stretch lower down. Not tiresome yet!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

But then I'd be a wealthy non-angler. Mind you it might ensure that weather conditions for the next AN fish-in are more pleasant. I've been to three events and at each one the conditions couldn't have been much worse.

I agree! Shall we trial the fish-in we discussed?

Unbelievable fishing. Congrats! Good luck with the 7lb.

In response to the otter sighting, I'm sure we've all had the debate more than once but despite the large otter presence around here, the chub really do seem to be thriving in the upper rivers. Maybe otters don't like eating them?

Not realised 'til now, but I've not had a sibgle crayfish this season - is it related? I drag small baits accross the bottom enough times.

I agree! Shall we trial the fish-in we discussed?

I've approached the committee but it's a non starter I'm afraid, disappointing but rules is rules.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I've approached the committee but it's a non starter I'm afraid, disappointing but rules is rules.

Eh? Am I missing something? Unless the 'Committee' is euphemism for the Missus. In which case, I understand!