bag reconmendations

chesters1

i need a small bag with a shoulder strap .

nothing huge i have plenty of those ,ideally it would be small .semi rigid (oeer mrs) and definitely cheap.

i need it as a roving bag ,it needs to be just big enough for half a dozen plugs a few spinners ,pliers you know the sort of thing you can use walking along the prom spinning etc but sensible so your spinners arnt sitting waiting to spike you when you bend over or put your hand in.

i will have a look in my cabbela catalogue to get upset we dont have them the yanks have lure bags down to a tee

hmmm i take that back 2005 wasnt a year for tackle bags in the catalogue i can see 3 :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i need a small bag with a shoulder strap .

nothing huge i have plenty of those ,ideally it would be small .semi rigid (oeer mrs) and definitely cheap.

i need it as a roving bag ,it needs to be just big enough for half a dozen plugs a few spinners ,pliers you know the sort of thing you can use walking along the prom spinning etc but sensible so your spinners arnt sitting waiting to spike you when you bend over or put your hand in.

i will have a look in my cabbela catalogue to get upset we dont have them the yanks have lure bags down to a tee

hmmm i take that back 2005 wasnt a year for tackle bags in the catalogue i can see 3 :o

:lol: A canvas gas mask bag from Ex Gov. surplus store. :lol:

Shimano lure case

From Veals, so good service ;)

yes i spotted that but i also spotted this at a very good price ,strange why the price can be over twice this in some places ,perhaps its why some sellers go out of business selling everything at RRP sorry RSP>It also pees me off sellers dont put bloody dimensions in their adverts ,i bought a mustad rucksack from Ebay i could park my fooking car in it it was so big :rolleyes:

http://www.gerrysfishing.com/shop_details....314&tabID=1

this has a better description but a worse price .perhaps the extra line in the description costs £15?

http://www.abfishingtackle.com/acatalog/Mu...sRucksacks.html

no that bags far to big for my needs pity it was a good price :(

as for the gas mask bag ,its the very bag i'm not getting :D

i like this or a similar version my mrs says NO :rolleyes:

http://www.veals4carp.com/1127/Rapala-Hip-Pack-Lure-Bag.html

the shimano bag looks ok but i will need to get the total price under £20 inc postage perhaps theres alternate non angling versions?

hmmm camera case (zoom) with 8 plastic tubes in it becomes a lure case

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nowt wrong with a gas mask bag. Tubed or crated and still nuff room for some traces and odds and sods in old baccy tins. My dad used to have one, getting my own soon for pike roving. Hate big cumbersome bags and seatboxes with a passion.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Wuz down at Homebase this am, they had an own brand version of this @ 13.99

Damned if i can find it on line :headhurt:

Has a hard base, so handy for setting down in damp places.

@ homebase

I'm sure you could get an off cut of pipeing you could stuff it with.

Has dozen's of the elasticated pocket thing's for pliers etc.

If you find one, unzip it, the strap is loose inside :thumbs:

1509tarpon_75_.gif

• 4 weeks later...

i went for this in the end ,a little big but plenty of pockets .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Multi-Purp...=item1c123da74d

when i have a moment i will fit some tubes but it can take small lure boxes for the moment.

Not a 100% perfect design as the "lid" needs to be wider to stop rain entering from the ends but for the price certainly good enough

Edited by chesters1

Wuz down at Homebase this am, they had an own brand version of this @ 13.99

Damned if i can find it on line :headhurt:

Has a hard base, so handy for setting down in damp places.

@ homebase

I'm sure you could get an off cut of pipeing you could stuff it with.

Has dozen's of the elasticated pocket thing's for pliers etc.

If you find one, unzip it, the strap is loose inside :thumbs:

i already have two of those under the stanley badge and the top compartment is great for your rig walletts ,one with an added cover (to hide the outside pockets from the weather)is used for my heavy duty beachcasting gear the other for our camping oven

the hard base stops your weights prongs poking you in the legs as you stagger to the beach

Edited by chesters1