Internet Problem? OR NOT?

Chris Goddard

I am having a RIGHT old nightmare! I am typing as per this post and all of a sudden the cursor disappears and then about 5 to 10 seconds later suddenly bursts into life and the sentence is completed. It also does one when I click to edit something BUT is not there sometimes when I have edited whatever it happens to be and so I actually delete something i want or need?? It is doing my head in it really is and pages simply don't load they seem to hang for AGES! Is it the pC o0r the internet? I have tried my upload and download speeds and was getting 6+ meg upload and .89 download speed??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Got that and ran it along with several others! But no nasties appear!? Thanks Jim.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

probably a performance problem.

i suggested glary utilities to norrie a while back when he had slow downs and hangs. done the trick for him.

see it here: http://www.glaryutilities.com/

there are 2 versions, a basic free one that does the trick and a pro version. the pro version you need to buy but if you can borrow a copy then fair enough.

use 1 click maintenance to do a scan and fix

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I think it's just Chris' French internet, it knows he's English and is winding him up :D

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Which ISP are you with Chris? I'm with Orange and last weekend my broadband virtually ground to a halt with 32kbs download speed. Tried to phone tech helpline but they were so busy I never got through. Ran all the cleaning progs, no good. It eventually came back in the week.

Think I'll change as soon as my contract is up, if only to get better tech help.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to worry you but it could be a real hardware problem. I had the exact same symptoms on mine at work last year and it was a blown electrolytic capacitor on the graphics card. I'd been blaming my antivirus program for a month before it got so bad that I called in the techies!

Don't ask me how he found it. It was almost like he expected it, but then with hundreds of near identical computers you will get to know the common user faults and look like a genius!

Edited by ColinW

Sorry for my not showing earlier guys but totally forgot about this one!

My ISP is Neuf Telecom which is Vodaphone in France. This is via a UK supplier and I have to say had problems from day one! BUT then the post that COULD solve the problem!! I have also had a running problem with my "Graphics Card"?? WIN 7 is reporting it as NOT working?? And it certainly used to before I installed WIN7 so now thinking it could be true?

Problem is less now that it was though but still evident sometimes, but certainly NOT as bad as it was!! So I'll have a new card and see what that does and then. So thanks to all of you for your offers of help and please forgive my forgetful mind!

Chris Goddard

If you give me detailed instructions Jim, certainly!! (Usual incapable reply!;-)

Chris Goddard