autumn flavours

danny29

Guest crazyhazy

Early November why not try treacle toffee!!!!! Nothing against you personally topic starter but i think its a load of nonsence! I'm not saying flavours dont draw the fish in, but the biggest majority of these flavours are designed to draw in gullible thickets - which they do!!! Instead of dead Roach for Eels why not try sea Bass in a hollandaise sauce!!!

Big G - Funny you should knock that. Last year I was fishing my water and tried something.

I ALWAYS add Turmeric to my maggots in winter. I had got the fish feeding well and put an unflavoured maggot out and never had a bite, waited 10 mins, no bites, put a flavoured maggot on and IMMEDIATELY got a bite, tried unflavoured again and NOTHING, changed back to flavoured maggot and IMMEDIATELY got another fish.

So flavoured maggots DO help!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I've been using bread/Coleman's Mustard paste for Roach all Summmer to good effect and they show no sign of changing thier liking for it any time soon.

I think it'll continue to catch Roach all Winter because it is a very spicy paste and the usual train of thought says that Roach prefer spicy flavours when it's cold.

The Sweetcorn still works but the bite rate is tapering off slowly, as is the caster.

Maggot never seems to fail but they do have a tendancy to pick up small fish.

Worm seems to be picking up the big Roach now that it's perfect worm weather

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I find that it's a gradual change depending on water temperature. Also the colder the water, the higher the dose of a given flavour I prefer.

The flavourings I use are Archie Braddock's - go to http://www.braddocksbaits.co.uk

Big G - being brought up on the teachings of Dick Walker, I used to think the same as you. I believed the only reason that flavourings worked was because they covered up tastes/smells that the fish didn't like.

Then like Keinboet I tried controlled experiments - and found that flavourings make a big difference. Now I'll never use unflavoured maggots again!

In fact I'm convinced that different species prefer different flavours. This came about after an experiment on a commercial water. I fished one side of the swim with one flavour and caught mainly perch with a few roach. The other side of the swim I fished with a different flavour and caught mainly roach plus a few perch.

I then switched the flavours around. The fish followed their preferred flavour!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Danny

Take a good look at the Braddock website Steve has listed in his post. A good trawl around that site will give you a hell of a lot of info on flavours. I was sceptical about flavours untill I did some testing based on something Bradock had writen way back before he started selling flavours. Ever since I have been convinced of their value and wish that I understood them better.

Guest crazyhazy

As I said in the post I never said flavours DIDNT work - what I said was its when you start talking about Strawberry, Strawberry and cream, Strawberry ice cream flavoured pastes etc etc!!!!!! That was the point I tried to get across. I use flavours myself - of course I do, but wouldnt dream of switching from say a Strawberry flavoured additive to Strawberry and cream etc! Have I made myself clear on that?