Anglers attacked & another dies.

Alan Fawcett

Hi All

I don't know how many of you are in this region (midlands) & may have seen last nights central news or tonights.

Last night the news reported on two fellas who were fishing in a Birmingham park, one was teaching his youngsters how to fish, they were attacked by a group of youths (20+ apparently) they were beaten with bats & one was stabbed all in front of the young ones, the father was beaten round the head & was a real mess.

Tonight there was a report of a young lad of 14 who died trying to retrieve his float from a pool in the worcs area.

Other anglers on the bank tried to save him but were to late, his body was found an hour later. :(

I feel so sorry for his two friends who were there & had to watch this terrible event unfold.

Both Dians & my own thoughts are with the families at this time.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Very sad news, my condolences to the families. We had three students from the university drowned last week in Morgantown in two seperate incidents. In one, a girl fell in the creek and her brother went in to rescue her. Both drowned. In the other a young fella, a strong swimmer, cramped up and drowned.

As to the people being attacked, I don't know what to say, other than things have changed a lot since I lived there.

Hillbilly.

Drowning are a tragedy, my heart goes out to the parents who have lost a child.

Hopefully this latest tragedy will bring home to other anglers that the rivers deserve respect.

We live in an increasingly sick world. When a parent can't take its child to a public park and be confident that its safe to do so is a sad indictment of the world that we have created for ourselves.

Hopefully the attackers will be caught, although I don't expect justice. Social reports will find an excuse for their behaviour and they will probably get a paid holiday to the seaside.

Mindless anti-anglers or just sick morons without a cause? Either way, oh dear, what a society we have created!

what is this world coming to.gone are the days when youngsters could fish in the knowlege that they would be safe.I know of two cases at a well known pond in the epsom area where youngsters have been beaten up and tackle stolen in broad daylight with other anglers about,what i cannot understand is that nobody helped these lads.Last weeki was bream fishing on the thames at ham when i saw a group of lads walking down the path towards me shouting also drinking could not be more than sixteen years old.as they walked passed (caught anything mate)no said i.then the comment sad old---- was used.lets just say the rest is history.so please if you see a fellow angler in trouble on the bank please try and help if not phone the police.we must get young anglers fishing if our sport is to survive that means convincing parents that there kids are safe on the bank.please send my condolences to the families in the birmingham/worcester area

In the USA there are special laws against harassing people lawfully hunting and fishing. At the last election I made a point of writing to candidates asking if they were going to support the introduction of similar legislation in the UK

As you can guess, I got pretty evasive replies.

OK, there are laws here re common assault - I hope they will be vigorously and rigorously applied in this case - any ideas Alan what the motives were ?

Attempted theft? Anti-angling hooligans? or motiveless hooliganism?

I'm very sorry for the victims and their families.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

i refer you back to a post i did on AN and BFW

http://anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb.php...t=006954#000013

the people on BFW offered all they had for this poor man, he was so afected by the insident he couldnt fish any more.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fbarbelfishingworl...icID=1883.topic

not as bad as the recent events, but these people make me sick.

[ 11 July 2002, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道