Start of the new season

Guest Big G

Well it looks as though the Glorious 16th isn't going to be quite so glorious afterall! The weather forecast isn't good in Devon. Wind and rain forecast :mad: .

It looks great for the weekend though.

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the trouble with the b.a.a. mr m. most weekends through out the summer and autumn months all the decent stretches will be booked.

you don't have to be a member either. your club can book a stretch with out any one being in the b.a.a. when you book a stretch each member of the club fishing the stretch becomes a member just for that day! it's a pain if you are a fully paid up member.

matthew theres a decent stretch of the avon at offenham. day tickets from the fish and anchor pub on the bank. some good barbel fishing around the weir there.

or theres the river arrow wixford at the back of the fish inn. tickets from the pub.

[ 15. June 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: bluezulu ]

MrMatthew:

I am hoping to get a chance to fish the Teme at some  point, I won't hold me breath though!

wait till late summer/autumn to fish the teme matthew. it will be very low at the moment and very hard to find some decent fish unless you know the area well.

i.m off for an evening session on the river blythe close to the n.e.c.

[ 15. June 2005, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: bluezulu ]

MrMatthew:

thought the blythe was more of a stream...

it is in parts but don't be fooled. chub well over 5 pounds in there, plus graet dace roach, perch,pike,even trout plus in a few holes i know along there some big carp.i'd rather fish there than the severn,avon or the teme any day.

take a look at this link matthew.

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/barston/

they have a mile stretch of the river which is hardly ever fished.a bivey lake, a match lake, plus two pools that the owners are not even sure about the fish they hold. i love the place.the match pool is brilliant.park your car right next to your peg. five minutes from the nec. give it a go.

MrMatthew:

I changed my mind at the last minute (this morning at 4am     :D  ) because I found out last night there was a match on the club lake..

Mr Matthew you could still fish the club lake as there was only 6 juniors turn up for the match.

Anyway If you did turn up I will not remove you or anyone else. Don't forget there are 45pegs on the pool. We just take the pegs number away so that the junior can't used the peg you are in, we just fish "around" you :D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Mr Matthew you got PM. Would like to tell you the whole story but I feel that I will be hijacking the thread as it is not related to the open of the new season.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/