Start of the new season

Guest Big G

I have never really fshed any rivers apart from the ribble on the waa card as i only joined about 18 months ago but im sure ill get round some of them this year

Regards Paul Mc

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazyhazy

Bicton is a bit of a walk from the car park but its a nice walk to the river across flat fields! Funnily enough I have never fished the Ribble on the Warrington card and am going to give it a crack this year shortly!

Going to try the Worcestershire Stour myself, not fished it before but its only just up the road, going up to Cookley just North of kidderminster. Many people not from this area dont know the river I'm told but its only about 20 - 25 yards wide, shallow (2-4 feet) in most places and pretty fast flowing. It used to have a reputation for being very polluted but has picked up this last 10 years and I'm told by some more experienced locals that there are specimen Grayling and dace in there!!!

I am only a relative novice and have not ever netted a grayling, well to be honest not fised for them before, am thinking of trying various methods, maybe start with a bit of freelining, ant advice you have would be gratefully recieved!

Couldn't get on to Blenheim Estate Lake for the First day but will be there all day on the 17th. The weather looks good so its sitting in a punt all day, a beer, good company and hopefully catching a boat full of Tench ....... :) :cool:

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

The mighty Severn !

Probably Hampton Loade or Hawkebatch on Friday followed by a couple of short very early morning or late evening sessions on Saturday and Sunday at other locations - might even get the pike fly gear out.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm off to the river Bain to trot a stick with bread flake for some chub or tench. Looking forward to it as there is never anyone else there and its only a few minutes from my house.

I'm on night shift tonight but will try for a few hours before going to bed.

Kev

I am going Mad.

Then on the hiss Friday

Paintballing sat and hiss again sat night (stag do).

Hangover sunday with layin until 7am when kids will be restless to give me fathers day presents paid for with my birthday vouchers as I am skint due to going on the hiss and paintballing (plus a new alarm set up).

May wet a line Sunday evening but then again as its fathers day a nice bottle of wine (more than lickely two) will be consumed at the father in laws dinner table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time that lots over the hoards would of left the rivers after blanking and I will go and reep the rewards!!!!!!!!!! demon demon demon demon

I'm off to get some head ache remedies!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Just getting myself together to leave for the Gt Ouse in a couple of hours. Get some bait in the swim when I get there then a bit of a kip until 11 or so to be ready to wet a line at midnight. Hope that the barbel play ball

Will