Hexagraph rods

Newt

Newt ~~~~~ I'm probably classed as a little unusual but I have three 12' 2lb TC (yes you are reading that right) 2lb Tc Hexagraphs that I have used for all my carp fishing since 1992.That's when I had them made. I'm still using them and I don't want anything else and I don't care if it all looks a bit old fashioned especially to the tackle tarts.Yes they are expensive (£238 each in 1992).£450 each to have made now.Cracking rods though.Had carp to 41.25lb and catfish to 33lb no problem.Had them made to look like cane and a lot of people thought that is what they are.Life time guarantee as well (normal use ).

Thanks grouter. I like the lighter T/C rods myself for everything except tossing out a huge weight of rig - so I don't toss out huge weights of rig. :D I've had some nice fish on 1.75lb T/C rods and they did the job just fine.

Not sure how my better half would react to my having rods made that cost over $850 each but I may find out.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Used a few hexies in my time, fly rods mainly, tried to steal a trotting rod from the factory but they noticed the limp!! I found that they were very slow in action , even more so than some of my cane rods, mind you they dont half beat fish quick. As I remember they were based on an idea by richard walker, he thought that cane with a coating of carbon fibre would be the ultimate rod. However B+W found it was easier to make sheets of foam backed carbon fibre an d cut the tapers of the rods from this, the later addition of carbon fibre whippings was an idea of ranald hutton, on e of his more lucid moments in my company!! possibly the best fly tier in britian? I dont particulaly like the action but if you get it right with the fly rods 30 yds over head or roll from a boat , no problem!!!