fishing places near scarborough

BADGER41

2 places I know of Gary in Scarboro, is Throxenby Mere, turn off the A171 scalby road, and the other is The Mere, olivers mount off the seamer road A64 to york. Ask at the local tackle shop in Scarboro, "Gone Fishing" 16 Victoria road 01723 501653,(that's if they're still there). I'm sure there are other people on this site can put you right. cheers...hoppy :)

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Gary, theres a lake on the Primrose Valley holiday park, its a boating lake during the day so its nigh on impossible to fish but the boating stops at 5 o`clock. As far as i`m aware its free but don't quote me on that, its on the main road from Scarburogh to Bridlington just up from Filey

its got some big carp in and the usual head of tench and silver fish.

Hope that helps

chubbs

Theres a really good pond called humanby. u would have to ask in the takelyshops near to find out how to get there butits really good. Loads of tench carp catfish roach perch and masive bream. You have to pay to fish at primrose vally but its ok. the float is a lot better than the feeder at primrose

aero, I don't know about that I was dragin` roach and skimmers out on a small maggot feeder hand over fist I tryed the float got one or two but the feeder seemed to do it for me, it was mid July though, and I only had a few short sessions. If I`m ever there again I`ll have a do for the Carp on flaoting bread, people feed the ducks tons of the stuff during the day.

ball in the ground bait and flick the float out next to the boy we say some u pull out a bream about 8lb. the humanby pond is arealy class act definatly go there. Not many people knew about it when we went as it used to be private.

But Aero, you never catch small fish, you're the flukiest angler going, everyone else would bag up on minnows and you'd have 7lb barbel........not fair!!!!!! :D

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I was born there moved out 3 years a go

So what do you want to catch how far do yo want to go

with in 20 miles of Scarborough

scarborough mere Tench to 5lb+ most fish

Wykham gravel pits Carp

marishes near molton

River seven normenby ( Chubb )

river rye (dace )

river derwent

Bacon factroy pond near molton