What Are You Reading?

Elton

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How much? I have one :)

Got it as a school prize...I was able to choose what I got (so long as it was book). I think I was supposed to ask for something like Poems of Horace (original Latin version) so probably raised a few eyebrows. The year before or after I asked for Clifford & Arbery's Redmire Pool...now there's a book I read to death...

Unfortunately I have no time to read anything fishy at the moment...I think the last one I did read was Rev someone or other's Season on the Test from about 100 years ago. There's also some writer I discovered a year or two ago who wrote (if I remember correctly) in the 60s/70s, was a journalist I think, tended to write very unpretentiously and amusingly/wryly about just going fishing, not about catching big fish etc. Really entertaining stuff - the sort of thing to remind you why you go fishing - but it's driving me mad because I can't remember his name! If anyone can suggest a name that might fit my minimal description it might ring a bell and put me out of my misery..