Photo Printers

n4lly

Looking at a Canon Selphy CP780, Argos have them at just £79.99

With 300 Dpi, would that give good quality prints ? The reviews i've read seem positive

Any better alternatives in this price range ?

Cheers

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Looking at a Canon Selphy CP780, Argos have them at just £79.99

With 300 Dpi, would that give good quality prints ? The reviews i've read seem positive

Any better alternatives in this price range ?

Cheers

Sean if you want top quality prints go for an Epson that has six inks.I have one and it gives fantastic photo's.

300 Dots per inch is not a very high resolution.

Edited by Bigfishy

Epson for me :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Epson for me :rolleyes:

John

. . . Have Epsom overcome the ink jet blocking problem they always used to suffer from? If you did not print every couple of days, the ink dried in the jets, it took for ever to clean them and used a whole load of 'valuable ink' in the process . . . :g: Epsom dont seem to get the rave reviews these days either, they are always there or there abouts, but, it seems to me, Canon take the honours???

I've recently bought the Kodak ESP3250 all in one printer, ink is half the price, quality is very good IMHO, set up was a near perfect match to what I had on screen. However, I only consider home printers practical for; web printout, proofing, A4 prints, scanning and photocopying, if you want 'proper prints', of a decent size, then, it seems consensus is; best and cheapest to use an on line printing house. Noticed the other day, 'SnapShop' in the high street were offering some super deals?

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior

Already have an Epson Printer / Scanner.

This would be for my 15 year old daughter, needs to be compact for bedroom location.

Have just spoilt her with a new Panasonic Lumix G10, would be nice as a christmas present.

Purly for photo printing.

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Already have an Epson Printer / Scanner.

This would be for my 15 year old daughter, needs to be compact for bedroom location.

Have just spoilt her with a new Panasonic Lumix G10, would be nice as a christmas present.

Purly for photo printing.

B)

Well if its for your 15 year old daughter, cost per print may be an issue?

So see here, see video:

http://fwd.five.tv/gadgets/computing/acces.../kodak-esp-3250

Makes one think . . . ? :camera: At £19 per cartridge set = 52p per (A4?) print compared with . . . I think it was around £1.30 for the second best buy :wallbash:

A 'no brainer' in my book, I suspect you will be buying the ink? . . . B) Also, the Epson printer is not so compact with the paper feed high on the back?, this was also an issue for me.

SW

PS, if you want Wi-Fi connection, you need the next model up in the range. 'Staples' did me an excelent deal, matched on line prices to . . . !

Edited by Sutton Warrior

i bought a second hand HP C5180 and even with refilled carts it gives great prints ,it knows youve been refilling but lets you print without the benefit of seeing the levels of ink.

I used to be an epson devotee since they had needles (my LX 800 did lots of work) but as noted you threw away a perfectly good printer when the heads blocked up in our central heated conditions we now live in.

trouble with Kodac is like old you pay highly for a printer to get cheaper carts there is no middle ground where profits are in mind ;)

reminds me of an agfa printer i got from the UNI skip ,first inkjet i ever saw .three inks (wow) and an unusual cleaning cart.This cleaning cart cost the earth to buy but i managed to get a COSH sheet from the states and the very expensive ingredients were ........Water with a small amount of acid to make it conductive enough to register on the electrodes in it when it ran out.

it was refilled with distilled water with a trace of white vinegar in it and printed fine :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i bought a second hand HP C5180 and even with refilled carts it gives great prints ,it knows youve been refilling but lets you print without the benefit of seeing the levels of ink.

I used to be an epson devotee since they had needles (my LX 800 did lots of work) but as noted you threw away a perfectly good printer when the heads blocked up in our central heated conditions we now live in.

trouble with Kodac is like old you pay highly for a printer to get cheaper carts there is no middle ground where profits are in mind ;)

reminds me of an agfa printer i got from the UNI skip ,first inkjet i ever saw .three inks (wow) and an unusual cleaning cart.This cleaning cart cost the earth to buy but i managed to get a COSH sheet from the states and the very expensive ingredients were ........Water with a small amount of acid to make it conductive enough to register on the electrodes in it when it ran out.

it was refilled with distilled water with a trace of white vinegar in it and printed fine :rolleyes:

Kodak 3250 seems to be around £60??? Other makes are a similar price . . . However, inks vary from £30 a set to, I have heard, £45-£50 :o Kodak, bless their heart have grasped the nettle at £19 for a colour set, and the Kodak ink is supposed to be 'archive 100 year life'? However, how long the printer itself will last, thats another story. Its built to a budget, (like most things these days <_< ) if I get 3 years . . . thats apparently the average life of printers across the board. My last printer, an expensive HP all in one, inks; £36 a colour set. Cost me £120, still only lasted 3 years!!! . . . cheap and careful from now on, with special prints sent to the professionals.

I have to say, I suffered Epsoms until the HP, which from the point of ink blockages, it did not happen, ever! However,I always struggled with the HP printer set up menu, not user friendly IMHO. The Kodak from the menu point of view is spot on, looks remarkably similar to the old Epsom menu which I liked . . . any way, I'm a happy bunny . . . :thumbs:

SW

Edited by Sutton Warrior