A where to fish section - what do you think Elton?

Mally

Youve probably thought about this before but i was thinking it would be a good idea to set up a feature on the site which listed fisheries in a region, people could list the places were they fish and give a little write up about them similar to what ive posted on the reviews forum for the river ancholme. that way people could find out about different fisheries in an area they were visiting on holiday. My thoughts are somthing similar to the "where to fish" guides in magazines, only this would be a lot more permanent that a magazine and would be avaliable whanever anybody wanted it, what do you think?

p.s. I'm not trying to give you more work honest :D

I think what Mally means is a kind of extension to what we already have. i.e. instead of just a list of fisheries, each one would have some comment about it from anglers that have fished there.

Is this what you mean, Mally?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Perhaps it needs a link to the fishing reports section ie look up a fishery then click to see any reports (somewhat reliant on people filling in reports of course)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Wel, i have to confess i did'nt know that that part of the site existed, but you could extend that part of the site and have the people who post the venue write do a bit of a write up for it, ie, methods, baits, species, times of year when it fishes well etc. At the moment it dosent provide all that much information, for example the nest at winteringham is posted there i mean from the information given it would be difficult to asses wether its a venue you would like to visit, but this venue is very close to my home and i could inform poeple that its a small pond split into two sections full of every species immaginable (i.e. ide, catfish etc) but mostly carp of which there are a lot in the 8-12 pounds bracket, also there are matches held there fairly regularly during the summer so if you turn up there and its booked you could try visiting the orchard pond in the same village less than a mile away which is the same kind of fishing but in more established surroundings. You could also catergorise the places into, rivers, canals, lakes, ponds, carp puddels etc. Waht do you think?

Just had a look and is it me or are the only coarse fisheries on the site in scotland? wierd that cos i really struggled to find any coarse fishing while i was up there and reverted to sea fishing! still that site is similar to the section on this site, and can still be improved upon with a little bit of a write up about the venue! i think what i'm suggesting could make a really usefull feature to this already superb site!

Mally,

I'm thinking of ways it could work.

The current database system is a bit ropey, hence my move towards reports in the forums. Nothing wrong with the system that Jaybee installed, just the fact that it gets abused.

At the moment, I'm thinking that we could start a thread for each fishery in the coarse forum and link to it from the current fishery database. That way, people could add all the time without me having to write the pages and, importantly, every post would be put infront of the moderators.

Give me a few days.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE