Flying over water

Nodin

It will be interesting for me to hear, that the method described below is used anywhere in the West. It seemed to be new to Orvis, when I spoke about it in 1995.

So, 2 fishermen stand on different banks of a river, holding spinning tackle (rod&reel) in their hands. The lines are tied together, so they can transport a bait from bank to bank

to any place where fish can be or does splash. The hooklength is about 8 feet long. In Russia we use fly, grasshopper, dragonfly as a bait to fish for chub, grayling, trout and other fish, that feeds from the surface. The best season is mid-summer.

The meathod is flying close to the surface, touching it from time to time.

Tight lines,

--------

Nicholai

[ 18 February 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Nodin ]

Not realy Chris, seven of them will be asleep at the time. :D

I have to confess that very many years ago a couple of mates and I used to work the corner of a large pit by casting one line across, tying the other's pike rig to it with cotton and then both would walk away from each other to enable the bait to be towed out as far as possible and HELD there,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Originally posted by Scott:

How do you decide who reels the fish in when you get one?

Scott,

usually it is done by the one, to whom fish is closer, or who has better netting conditions. If the river is crossed by swimming or walking, then its better to take fish to the "base" bank.

Though the great joy is in "flying" over the water, the method can also be used, you are right, when fishing for carp with bread, for predators with minnows or spoons and for float fishing.

Easy flight ! :)

------

Nicholai

Guest Ferret1959

Just think of the money that could be earned with this one.

Get One muddy puddle, one carp and eight men fishing at a fiver a day.

Loads off money. :)

• 4 months later...

Over 60 chub were taken in 5 3-hour sessions, I describe as Flying over water. Locust was used as bait or grasshoppers. It came to my mind how to fish alone, while the line with a hooklength can be moved accross the river from bank to bank. Thanks to Mersedes with its 3-beam symbol: the two lower beams are the manlines of two spinning rod&reels, that I hold in both hands. They run back&forward through a ring in the centre of the star. And the farmost beam is tied both to the ring and to the tree on the opposite bank.

After fishing is over, I simply break that thinner line by pulling the two that are in my hands.

Now its the best season for this kind of fishing, so good luck!

Any questions are welcome!

---------

Nicholai