RSSG - Online Membership

Elton

I'm going to be sorting out the first batch of applications tonight (I administer the Hooked site), so please click here if you want to be one of the first to join. By the time I get home from work, have some tea and get moaned at for being late again, it'll be about 10pm, so please act now :D

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just another word from me, things are ticking along quite nicely. To those who've joined thank you, to those thinking of joining JUST DO IT.

If you agree with our aims and objectives it's easy to join, if you disagree with any of these join up, come to the next meeting and have your say. If you care about your fishing and the future of our sport £3.00 is all it takes to help make a difference.

It's time for me to thank those of you who've welcomed me to this forum. I'll try to do more than just ask for your money in the future, and contribute where I can (although I may sneak the odd hint in now and again).

Cheers,

Ian

Ian,

I posted off the first lot of internet applicants to you today. I believe that there were 24(ish). Not a bad start, but more would be most definitely welcome.

Tight lines,

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Elton:

Ian,

I posted off the first lot of internet applicants to you today. I believe that there were 24(ish). Not a bad start, but more would be most definitely welcome.

Tight lines,

Elton

Was mine among them?

I filled in my details, including my credit card details, and submitted the application. I then got a 'transferring data' message, then my PC hung. So I don't know whether the details were transferred OK, and I simply failed to get an acknowlegment, or whether it all went pear shaped before my details were fully transmitted!

Sometimes I think that I might as well trash this bloody machine, and go back to an old fashioned type writer - except the ribbon is dried out, and I can't get a replacement any more :(

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Leon,

I have an electronic type writer in perfect working order yours for free if you want it. Somehow or another, I cant find the plug that links it to the internet but I'll keep trying.

Nice to read that you are coming in with RSSG as an individual member Leon. It matters not for what or where we fish. It is the fishing that counts together with the various environments where we all do our fishing.

So, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, gooo oon.

Give us your three quid and like Leon, make a rivers day.

Regards,

Lee.

Hi all,

Leon, your name did not appear amongst the 26 applicants that I received today (thanks Elton). So another go seems in order. As a fellow techno phobe I have to agree with you, these infernal machines can drive a man around the twist if you let them. Another good reason to go fishing, as if we need one!!!!!

As Bob so rightly says it costs so little to join to help safeguard the future of our sport. So why not sign up today, you really can make a difference.

Cheers,

Ian

Re: RSSG

Hi All,

To all RSSG members please be aware that;

The RSSG logo is finished and available in a jpg word document to those committee members who will be needing it.

Paul Whiteing has done a sterling job with the logo done so quickly and so professional as well. Next time Paul, you pay for NO Guiness OK.

I have done a RSSG flyer to go into tackle shops etc and is available to download as a word document for use NOW by emailing me and I will send it on. Once I get other tasks out of the way, I will set up a printing base and these will be available by sending an email to myself when I will send them on in the post to anyone who can place them in their local tackle shops etc.

Lyn sent me an idea for a RSSG membership application form which I played with and is now available for those who are not on-line and for those RSSG members who want to give them out to friends. This is available to download by contacting me on-line and there again, will be available when the printing base is set up.

I have done the RSSG headed paper and that is available to RSSG officers who are going to need it for RSSG correspondence.

I have managed to get a major computer paper and inks company to sponsor the RSSG for all paper and inks (colour) needed for the task of contacting all the clubs and groups within the next few months. This is a massive task that the company are aware of so nice one to them.

By next weekend, the drafted RSSG constitution will be done ready for agreement at the next RSSG meeting as will the proposed scale of RSSG affiliation fees for clubs and groups.

Four weeks prior to the next RSSG meeting (in the rivers close season) I will be sending invitation details of the date and venue to the RSSG membership. Please reply as quick as you can so that I can confirm those wanting to attend.

In the meantime, I can announce that over 200 fishing clubs have confirmed their interest in joining the RSSG as affiliates to myself and are awaiting confirmation from the next meeting of RSSG affiliation fees. Certain angling groups have expressed similar interests as well.

Until a media officer is elected, Ray Wood and myself have taken over the joint roll as media officers for the RSSG.

A RSSG media statement have already been prepared and will be sent out directly to all angling press sections after the next RSSG meeting.

Further to the next RSSG meeting, a third meeting is also being planned for the RSSG committee officers and officers of fishing clubs/groups to attend to discuss widening the RSSG structure quickly and effectively.

Even further to that, I am presently talking to others who are actively involved in a European rivers group to establish contacts for the RSSG there along with other major contacts in global conservation groups who have similar conservation interests to our own concerning river related issues.

Now I have been noticing Ian Jobling, Andy Thatcher and Bob Gill with a few others, who have been keeping the RSSG threads on other fishing sites going. Well done guys.

BUT! We need EVERYONE posting on these RSSG threads banging on so the RSSG message hits home.

Remember everyone, the RSSG is the ONLY rivers group that is open to all and is open to every sort of angler.

So, please post and keep posting to bang the RSSG drum.

Very soon, the rivers close season is here and with that, comes more bums on seats in front of their computers. We have a golden opportunity to reach these "cant go fishing" anglers very shortly so lets get out there and grab um.

I like the message that some of the RSSG guys are using after their posts namely;

I am a RSSG member. Are you?

So come on everyone, lets get with it cos we are starting to move. Start posting and start to do our rivers a real favour.

Regards,

Lee.

I am a RSSG member. Are you?

Lee,

Any flyers, logos, application forms, etc. - feel free to email them to me, too. I'll make sure that all the Anglers' Net readers get access to them.

Also, I haven't used my go-fishing mailing list yet. This gives me access to over 1200 angling website owners , so let's get our thinking caps on regarding that one :)

Tight lines,

Elton