The 'Northern Fish-in' - 27th/28th July

Guest Webbo

The Entry Form is Available Here

The entry form for the Fish-in is now available on-line

CLICK HERE

The places are limited to a maximum of 50 people per day so please don't delay if you want to go.

Anybody travelling any distance is more than welcome to come on the Friday night and pitch a tent/bivvy, fishing won't start until the following morning but I'm sure we'll find something to do/drink biggrin.gif

The only restrictions are that groundbait can only be used in moderation, barbless hooks only, sensible tackle if you're going for the big stuff, tents/bivvies must be pitched on the camp site next to the lake. Shelters and brollies are okay around the lake.

Any questions, fire away.....

Hope to see you all there, Dave & Stu

[This message has been edited by Webbo (edited 13 January 2002).]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fisherking

I am sorry to say that I will not be abl;e to make this as it clashes with another fish-in on the River Wye.

O'h well maybe next time.

John.

Guest scoobs11

i will be travelling south to attend this prestigous event !

looking forward to it already smile.gif

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest Darth_codhead

If you go there fishing for the weeked you have raker lakes 1/2 miles

can you book there as well it's a better place to fish not as deep (Elvington is about 27ft ( I DO LIKE FISHING THERE))

the fish that aere in there are:-

Roach Tench Carp Rudd Bream Dace Chubb Catfish FLOUNDER YES flounder if thay are still there

Good luck

Darth

Hi Darth,

We considered Raker as an option but to be totally honest (IMO) Elvington is by far the better fishery.

Depths vary from 2-3foot in the margins to 8ft in places and then fall away to approx 35ft at its deepest. Its also the quality of the fish that sets it apart. Thats not a sleight on Raker its just that Elvington and it's fish stocks are a lot more mature.

And to cap it all, Stan Britton the owner of Elvington, has generously put his lake and campsite at our disposal for the whole weekend, cancelling previous bookings. He's also lifted his night ban for the first time so that people can have a real go for his Catfish (and anything else) and has refused to take a penny saying that he would rather all the fees go to charity, Macmillan in this case.

There are few guys like him around.

Hope to see you there smile.gif,

Dave

Guest phil dean

Yes, I'll come "down" and visit, just booked my place.........don't worry scoobs, I'll get some longer shorts so as not to put you off your food.

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY