Elvington fish in

Andrew

Today i had the ordeal of phoning my friend in Eire to pay my resects.

I got news that his wife passed away,

Sorry but i will not mention names, but i will tell you this,she was one of the best people you could ever wish to meet,kind ,gentle,and a lovely person to be with,allways a smile on her face,willing to help out at the drop of a hat.

She was also a very good angler, fished with many of the top names in our sport,again no names mentioned,this post is abuot a very dear friend who has passed away. When i go to Ireland in June this year i will not be able to hug and kiss her,

i will pay my resects at her grave side,

What took a great woman from us? CANCER.

To my very dear friend you are gone from us but you will never be forgotten.

R.I.P

Andy

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might not be important to you but it is to me.

And a lot of other people.

Go and hide it will go away

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

The problem is jangar cancer will never go away :(

1 in 3 people will be affected by cancer at sometime in their lives.

The Macmillans helped my family & me when we needed it & thats why i will do everything within my powers to help them.

I don't just "talk the talk" , i don't pretend to care & i don't offer to help then withdraw the offer when it suits me.

I get out there & do what i can to raise money or to help in anyway possible & thats whats important to these charitys, they need the money more than the need to be the centre of attention.

Jangar as you know mate Stu already has my cheque & i'm working on some sponsors, the best thing is i have heard from my best friend tonight & hopefully he'll be coming to the fish-in with me.

Don't give up on this mate cos the posters on this site are a good bunch of people & i reckon you'll get a few e-mails with donations :)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

ooops back on top i went to page two

“Vescere bracis meis”

Janger,

Been away in Germany for a week, so missed your sad news, please allow me to share your sadness.

However, a small piece of good news,is that on my return, I found that my 80 year old Uncle,180 miles away from me back down in Suffolk, had taken the Elvington sponsorship form I sent to my parents in to his local pub, as the Landlady was Leaving!

Despite her going, she immediately circularised the form, raised £100 AND wants me to send another form to her new Pub just 5 miles away!!!

I couldnt believe it!

Yes , there are people who care and do something about it and let us all look forward to the day when science can beat this damn thing!

In the meantime, lets do what we can!

My own Irish landlady in Cavan, on Lough Eonish, has just had the good news that a Breast Cancer Op has been successful! So perhaps they're winning!

Again, condolences for your friend and I hope they have an equivalent of MacMillans over there, God knows ,the family will need 'em!

Zip

Thanks Trev for you kind words.

Lough Eonish pass it often.

Andy :(:(

“Vescere bracis meis”

Jangar,

Great to meet you at last at the Doncaster exhibition today.

Thank you and you friend also for the generous contribution to MY attendance at Elvington and its gteat when somebody 'Put's their money where their Mouth is', so to speak.

I'll let you know my total after your holiday.

Thanks again, and look forward to fishing together 1 day!

Cya

Zip

My pleasure Zippy:D

The MACMILLAN Nurses need as much help as possible.

See you soon Zip best wishes jangar and Richie thats my mate. :D:D

“Vescere bracis meis”

I still have to send off my cheque :( I will soon, I promise....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.